Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
mapman
Just cut to the chase and listen to a Sony walkman like Mr. Vibrations and all these problems solved except for Walkman vibrations of course.

I’m picking up some bad vibrations. Uh, wait, it’s only Moopman. Beside the Walkman vibrations are the easy part, remember? Oh, never mind. Don't let the sun catch you crying. 😪

cdrc wrote,

"Believe it or not, isolation is like everything else - system dependant (Sic)"

That's what I've been saying. Thanks for chiming in. 

At this point you can consider isolation properties. Some great pics of Star Sound Technologies isolation products appear on my Auduogon virtual system here:

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5390

uh, Star Sound makes isolation products?! Really? I just got through talking with them here and they said they have ignored isolation for the past 30 years.

You are right and I am wrong; however, understand I use isolation in the loosest sense for all Audiogon community backgrounds.   The correct term that Star Sound uses on its platforms are "Energy transfer systems".  Is Star Sound into sales or consulting??  With that in mind, you get the gist I believe about savvy name engineering.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention though!!!  The important thing Agear is what you try may not work for me or Geof.  You really have to try the product in your system and in your own sound room for a few weeks minimum and that is all that is important no matter what you want to call your approach to vibration control.  I told my son that Star Sound Technology platforms are just great big peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and he gets it. 
cdrc
I told my son that Star Sound Technology platforms are just great big peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and he gets it.
Huh? Who would want to put a gooey, sticky PBJ mess under their audio components? That doesn't make any sense at all.
I get it cdrc,
Thanks for your input on how different products worked for you, because that is the point..