Diy Audio

Hello all,

making my own back surround speakers like svs or klipsch because i cant afford to buy them so i have decided to make my own i have a pair of sony speakers what you guys think these speakers are Good for back surround?

sony subwoofer

waiting for your kind rep.

mark989

The issue with drivers you just found is you don't have the parameters to build a good box for them. Next, if these are mid-woofers they wont' have enough treble.

If you want to make a single driver surround you might want to look at some of the 4" Peerless drivers.  White one's Super cheap, good treble extension but not wide dispersion.

Mark989, I applaud your desire to build your own speakers.  When I first built my own speakers about fifty years ago I started out with zero budget and near zero knowledge.  My first effort was literally built with drivers and plywood I scavenged from a trash dump.  They were horrible midrange honkers, but the project was so much fun I got hooked.  Then I wised up and began studying the subject of how to design and build speakers.  In those days before PCs or the internet information was hard to find, but a few books such as Badmieff and Davis book, How to Build Speaker Enclosures, got me started.  Now a tremendous amount of knowledge is available as near as a Duck Duck Go search on how to build speakers.  That is how I suggest you get started.

Thank you so much for your replies ill try my best and also share the pictures with you guys

Go for it, have to start somewhere. DIY is addicting, still doing it some twenty years on,  although far less than back in the day.

I am not given to repeating advertising slogans, but I make an exception for a line from an old Speaker Lab ad.  That line is, "If listening to your stereo is as much fun as going to the circus then listening to your stereo with speakers you built for yourself is as much fun as riding your own elephant to the circus."