Distortion using OPPO 103 w Streaming and CD's, but not with DVD playback

Hoping someone can give some advice before I tear the rack apart.

Have an OPPO 103 for CD/DVD and streaming from Tidal.  Have owned the unit for years and happy with it.  I really liked the fact that it not only played disks but also had the associated app that allows me to stream from Tidal.

I hadn't streamed for quite a while and when I streamed today there was tremendous distortion (unlistenable), playing a CD seems to also be distorted, but not as bad, playing a DVD doesn't seem to have no distortion at all.

All connections are RCA / Single ended. 

There is one new variable and that is the introduction of a Schiit Freya preamp.

However, vinyl sounds great through the Freya and as I said above DVD playback seems perfectly fine.

So if someone has trouble shooting ideas before I start tearing down the rack and rearranging things I would love to hear them.

Seems weird that some functions sound fine and others are a mess and I would think that a bad wire, connection or even EMF would effect all of the playback media the same way.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

phil0618

Showing 1 response by tomcarr

@phil0618 "CD playback acting up big time..."

Try turning unit off, unplugging from wall, wait one minute. Re-plug, turn back on.

See if that takes care of problem.

I've had the 103 for about 10 years now. Best results have been to leave unit on 24/7, turn off and unplug and wait one minute every month.

Still works and sounds great. Might help you too. Hope so.

Tom