Differences in YouTube, Spotify, etc.

What music streaming service do most members use, and why?

128x128rickguild

Have tried and subscribed to Tidal, Amazon HD, Spotify and for a bit Idagio. 

Have narrowed down to Qobuz for detailed listening sessions at home, and Spotify until recently for car, Bluetooth, wireless Headphone, etc.

Now am actively downloading all favorites (playlists, albums, etc) from Qobuz via CD quality for car, BT, etc...easier for playback in these occasions, then go "live" streaming when critical listening in max hires setting.

IF Spotify ever offers true lossless / flac option, may reconsider and try as current interface is a bit more intuitive.

Apple Music because I'm stuck in Appleworld, and I don't want to pay for more services. Excellent sound on my gear anyway.

Tidal. Flac or mqa option or cd-quality. Tidal connect sends the res I set to my streamer directly from the phone app controls. My family option just dropped from $29 to $16.99

Amazon Ultra HD tier because I'm already a Prime member so the subscription is quite reasonable. I also listen to music on You tube because I play acoustic guitar and it is a marvelous learning tool, being able to watch the player and playing along. Being in my 70's and dealing with my degree of hearing decline, any hi-rez service is far better than my hearing so I chose Amazon for price and convenience.

Apple and Spotify here. Apple is now lossless and sounds surprisingly good. Spotify cuz I like the Spotify connect interface better than Airplay overall, plus I can use both in the car seamlessly. Streaming is for fun listening, discovery and band playlists. I love my analog setup, but streaming can’t be beat for sheer volume when it comes to new and sometimes obscure music. Plus, I really like internet radio pulling stations from Europe and what not. Just an endless amount of material.