Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

I just show you in my post above with Copernic/Ptolemaus how we can devise perfectly error free observation /measurement protocol without any errors in it and being right all the time but with a false hypothesis all along for millenia ptolemaus astronomy goes way before Copernic and improved with the time passing a lot not only in spite but because of his faulty paradigm .. it is why experiments and observations are not enough to define science... moral conduct and training of the thought process ( not only mere logical reasonning here but more ) as training of the conscious attention is more important...

You keep talking about big theories, and how some biases are bad some good, but show NO instances where you have taken Feynman’s advice in terms of your method - that is the steps you took in your steps to ensure you weren’t fooling yourself.

The only way you can assure you will not fool yourself , is not EXACT PERFECT experimental protocol with the illusory goal of eliminating ALL your biases.. This is impossible...

The biases created by the seeing of the sun turning around us is not false... This bias is confirmed each day...

The only way to not fool ourself is to cherish truth over our own life...Cherish truth over our paradigm... cherish truth over our tools... And even cherish truth over our scientific method... truth is the ultimate Ockam razor... Truth is one eternally...

There is no recipe to cherish truth... It can be learned by the moral and ethical conduct of the process of thinking... Plato teach it as such... This is why Christ teachings, Buddha, Lao tse, are so deep and why geometry and number theory are exercise in truth thinking and contemplation ...

My job was teaching reading and MOTIVATING reading among students not at an elementary level but reading analysis between fields...litterary, poetic or scientific or philosophic...

What is language ? in the grammar of any language there is a GEOMETRY of the thinking process which is the basis of the scientific process itself... Linguistic is one of the most astounding science ever... I studied with a linguistic genius alas! not translated in english much...Nothing is really random in language... language is so deep with meanings... i even cannot imagine how human can invent it... We litterally speak with a tool more deep than we can fathom... i cannot describe why here... They will kill my long post... 😊

In language there is two completely INTERTWINNED levels : poetic and prosaic... Guess where is truth in language ?

It is in our heart and in our way to relate the poetic and prosaic mode of speech TOGETHER in a conscious ethical way ...

Truth is the brother of love...They come from the Source...

it is the reason why i advised my students to study geometry or number theory more than philosophers only ( prosaic mode of speech) and read more mystics ( poetic mode of speech ) more than theologian...

observation must be trained... Faraday set of experiments or Goethe description of plants and mammals are very powerful for training...One of the most stunning book on earth describe mammals... Reading it we fall off from our chair, because we realized that we were able to identify a lion by reflex looking at it but we realized we had never SEE a lion... because our bias of recognition of the object lion fooled us completely... We miss all evident talking signs of the lion form and metabolism by looking at the lion image without seeing ever a real lion through the image...Any mammals form tell a story through all details of the form... as we must learn how to listen, we must learn how to see... Even grown adults dont know how to see... but oftem more blind people know how to see, why ? because they know that what we see is the ECHO of the signals we throw at the object like a bat and a dolphin... If we emit truth we will perceive truth...

in all that seeing, hearing etc , there is no simple method, only the thirst for truth and contemplation...

By the way acoustic phenomena are also as music a contemplative objects in time and very deep astounding as music or painting are ...

Where amir  presents measurements clinically and without  bias, well and good. 
a service.

Where amir starts going on about how, explicitly or through snide comments,  someone is  a rube, a plebe, an unsophisticated troglodyte if they don’t agree with his value judgements and they actually like, and forfend(!), purchase something that does not “measure up” per amir, is where he becomes offensive.

He becomes tedious, with copy/pasted thousand word or line replies and 15 multicolored charts and graphs.  Leave those on your own site and just provide an invite to view them there.

If humans only did or liked, what was “measurably” good for them, via social pressure, government diktat, or rule of technocrat, what a sad, flat experience life would be.

Make your measurements amir, but leave out the “value judgments”  of and, often less than subtle, insults about people who disregard your “suggestions” to purchase, or not, a piece of equipment. Save that crap for your own site. Please. If I ever want to be exposed to that kind of abusive snobishness, I will be sure to visit.

Save that crap for your own site. Please. 

I am here in a thread specifically addressing who and what we are at ASR.  Lots of misinformation is posted by members that are easily refuted.  So I refute.  :)  

If I ever want to be exposed to that kind of abusive snobishness, I will be sure to visit.

I tolerate an inordinate amount of abusive snobbishness in this thread.  Doesn't bother me none as long as we get to the truth of who and what we are at ASR.  

Where amir presents measurements clinically and without bias, well and good.
a service.

That’s what my reviews are like on ASR. They are heavy on data and few words in between translating what the data says. I used to not say anything about recommending or not recommending a device but members strongly asked for that so I put it in there. But I also have a poll for members to vote to agree or disagree.

Further, every review is a discussion thread allowing people to again, agree or disagree, express their likes and dislikes (product or my review), and importantly add a lot of knowledge of information on their own.

How that can be "abusive" when it is exactly what you are asking, is a mystery to be solved.