Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

@amir_asr Yes I am AJ. How did you know? I can prove I am not him. You can’t prove that you didnt run the audio externally through whatever listening device you used through another analyzer. There is no way to verify this, unless someone was watching you do it. You absolutely could cheat that test. Nothing is monitoring the output sound.

I am not against the value of Amir measures...

I thank him remember ?

I am against his way of interpretating them and imposing them as all there is to say about hearing qualities in audio...

@nonoise 

My point is many espouse personal freedom but only for themselves.  

Also it’s not a good thing when science  becomes the enemy.  

@amir_asr Yes I am AJ. How did you know?

It was pretty easy.  You use the same letters of alphabet when writing.