Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

Incredible!

It is impossible to discuss with you Amir...

You are here to recruit?

I am here to discuss...

You answered BESIDE my points completely...

You cannot equate your measures of gear components as replacement for hearing experience and you cannot even claim that this is better than hearing experience...

This is IDEOLOGY not science...

Your measures of gear are useful to inform us about some claims and truths about their specs THATS ALL...

Anything further is no more credible scientifically...

You never answered...

And i am among the few one here giving FACTS FROM 4 DIFFERENT PHYSICISTS ARTICLES PDF , ALL SAYING THE SAME THINGS, i did not give you insults...

I know believe that your motives are less desinterested than what it seems or what you claims ...

Yes i am naive... i am too serious to be cynical... 😊

By the way i taught reading analysis...Then english is not at all my spoken language, i almost never spoke it and learn it in philosophy books or science books, i express myself then in a clumsy way... ...But i am able to read ....

«The emperors may be had no clothes but my wife had many» -- Groucho Marx 🤓

@nicsadler

I find this hostility toward Amir more than shocking. Some of the accusations here border on the libelous and certainly do not reflect reality.

I find it very hard to understand how Amir is being so consistently attacked when he appears to be offering a perspective with very clearly marked boundaries. Many accusations here are without any merit or grace.

Unfortunately, as we have seen all too often through history, as soon as some people see their vested interests being attacked they will readily resort to hostility when some of us might prefer dignified discourse.

Sheer naked greed is the root of many an evil.

10,000 years of civilization has really done very little to change the nature of the beast.

As much as I’d like to see myself and my fellow audiophiles as being a little better than that, far too many times some of the responses here lapse into rudeness and even vulgarity.

Evolution moves surely but slowly.

By the way, did anyone mention peace talks regarding the situation in Ukraine between the Globalists and the Russians?

I thought not.

@somethingsomethingaudio  I wasn't calling you thin skinned. You don't seem to be. You seem measured and rational to me. Unlike some other commenters here that prefer badgering to discussion.

We certainly have a difference of opinion, and I didn't mean to disrespect you if it came across that way.

I too am more than a little jaded by the audiophile community. I thought it's woo-woo extremes were just a funny oddity. Though this lately has become a form of impassioned belief that defies logic.

Oh well. I'm off to walk the dog. Wish I could ask him about his opinion about the upper frequencies of my speakers I can no longer hear. I'd value his opinion on it. Though all he want is treats and a scratch. I envy him.

If you believe in blind tests, how come you are not arguing with folks here saying they are not useful? Not convenient for business AJ?

Amir, you kicked me off your "Audio Science" forum for being "too objective", because I insisted only valid listening tests mattered, not "SINAD" and "ETC" many of your cult worship. "Valid" in the same sense that you didn’t get to administer your own Math tests in school, lest you always get an A. As I pointed out earlier, you have a long history of fabricating "Blind" tests. Foobar ABX can and has been gamed. There are threads about it on HA. Again you forget you posted a picture of the real time analyzers you use on the test signals, plus admitted to cranking up the silence to cheat. What you will never do is a public test administered by someone else. You know, the bare minimum standard used for AES, JJ, Toole, etc. Your gamed online Foobar tests wouldn’t pass basic paper submittal review.

Attending PAF next year? 😉

@nicsadler Thanks for your reply. Hope you and your doggo have a great walk. Enjoy. 

What speakers do you use? Out of curiosity.