Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

To better answer the question:  Not even close.

Random observation:  Amir and Jason seem to be 2 peas in a pod.

Jerry

To answer specifically the OP question...

Only Dr. Gorike an acoustician change my mind about headphones...

Measurements by Amir or positive reviews could not...They can be useful and indicative in some case but NEVER decisive especially separately ...

Why ? Because as for my speakers and amplifier and dac only the relation between them matter FOR the  end goal of their integration to my room by acoustic...

In the same way the headphone synergetical association with dac and amplifier matter too but the acoustic properties of the headphone matter even more...

Anyway the only way to BYPASS room acoustic or headphones with no acoustic content in the shell is to try Dr. Choueri BACCH filters for "virtual toom acoustic" the most revol;utionay dac ever... Read about it, it is amazing that this revolution is not well known ... ...Then once acoustic is done right  we dont need measurements or subjective reviews anymore and we dont need upgrades...

«In audio cooking, acoustic is the steak and the experience , the gear is the cooking itself with the spicing»--Groucho Marx learning his craft 🤓

I’d say so. Don’ follow Amir and ASR very close but my system belongs to ASR’s absolute favorites and gives me a listening quality few will ever experience. Most I think he should get some thanks for fighting the industry. A little more Amir in you would do you all good!

I think this verification of industry standards is the positive side of Amir...You are right...But i dont think that better measurements alone is enough to reach very good audiophile optimal  listening experience ...

But people are short sightened by their ideology be it technology or any other one, and objectivist as subjectivist are deluding themselves when they isolate from one another ...People love to hate someone or something... Thats explain much of everything on the actual earth situation if we add the power greed for control by some... ...

In audio if we come back to the subject matter, they all forget acoustic as the main powerful factor...Astounding when we know that audiophile experience is only EXPLAINED at the end by psycho-acoustic...Even change in electronic design are ultimately guided by acoustic results...

I’d say so. Don’ follow Amir and ASR very close but my system belongs to ASR’s absolute favorites and gives me a listening quality few will ever experience. Most I think he should get some thanks for fighting the industry. A little more Amir in you would do you all good!

«Purchasing is never rational most of the times ; and most of the times irrational especially when we buy a bride » -- Groucho Marx puchasing his amplifier 🤓

@ghdprentice +1!

When I first started reading this thread, I was thinking about writing virtually the same post. I think ASR is doing a significant disservice to our hobby by convincing many new to the hobby that measurements are all that matters. 

i think measurements are a helpful tool for development and an invaluable tool for manufacturing (ensuring unit to unit consistency), but the simplistic measurements done by Amir are all but worthless for determining what products will work well in my own system. 

To be honest, I have not visited the site in the last year or so since I did not want to do anything that might improve their visibility to new prospective audiophiles.