Denafrips Pontus 2 Price increases

Has anyone else noticed the the price of Denafrips Dac's have had two significant price increase in the last 12 month

Yes they did make "upgrade changes" but a 30% increases seems to be excessive

The Pontus 2 went from $1750 to $2,449

I am now having to consider an alternative   your thoughts

https://www.vinshine.audio/product-page/denafrips-pontus-r2r-dac

sawbuck

Enjoy your new dac and forget all this bullshit you hear. And remember, even if you hate it, you didn’t make a $1700 mistake, you made an $850 mistake. That’s what I tell myself at least. 

Hey guys,

RE: Products Pricing

We apologize for any confusion caused.

Please note that the prices listed on our website are in Singapore dollars (S$). Although our currency converter feature provides an estimated conversion to USD based on the live market exchange rate, it does not necessarily reflect the exact rate charged by banks.

Rest assured that when you make a purchase on the Vinshine Audio webstore, the order will be processed in Singapore dollars (S$), and the product price displayed during checkout will be in S$.

For the Pontus II 12th-1 model specifically, the price is S$2449, which is approximately equivalent to US$1780~1800, depending on the prevailing exchange rate.

RE: Components / Capacitors

If I may, allow me to elucidate the matter of DENAFRIPS' OEM capacitors.

DENAFRIPS sources its capacitors from a reputable manufacturer, adhering to precise specifications tailored for superior sound quality. This decision is unequivocally not motivated by cost-cutting considerations.

DENAFRIPS has set an ambitious objective of becoming one of the foremost manufacturers of high-fidelity audio equipment. Founder Mr Zhao has made substantial investments across various facets to realise this vision. An extraordinary and somewhat unconventional endeavor in this pursuit is the decision to produce chassis, UPOCC copper o-core transformers, connectors, capacitors (film caps), and other components entirely in-house at the DENAFRIPS factory.

Zhao strongly believes that by having these capabilities in-house, the company can incorporate the highest-quality components into its products, positioning itself ahead of the competition.

As you can imagine, the expenses associated with machinery, raw materials, and the skilled workforce necessary for in-house component manufacturing significantly surpass the costs of outsourcing. DENAFRIPS has undertaken this extensive effort not for the sake of cost savings but to ensure the utmost quality and innovation in its products. :)

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. We are just an email away. 

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it! 

Many thanks.

Alvin Chee

w: vinshine.audio
e: sales@vinshineaudio.com

Post removed