Dark Side of the Moon - Is MFSL really all that?

So I got a copy of the MFSL pressing of DSotM. I haven't done extensive comparisons, but one major thing I feel is missing from my original CD (which I have no idea right now exactly WHICH CD) is the kind of surround effects present in some of the tracks. MFSL sounds more like an acoustic cut, while the original CD sounds like an effects CD.

Is this right, and what people like about the MFSL pressing? Help me be a cognoscenti please.
erik_squires
I have the MOFI half speed mastered from 1979(?) as someone else mentioned that pressing. That one is GREAT. I have purchased several copies of that one. I also had the Toshiba PRO, and various other pressings; not sure in my memory right now. I always thought that 1979 MOFI pressing was the BEST! The Toshiba PRO I had was not in perfect shape when I got it...but the sonics never measured up to the very first MOFI. I would seek out that first MOFI in Mint-Excellent condition. They can be really expensive; but the Best copy I have was $50 on Ebay. Every single time I listen to that one it is impressive!!! More Bass, dynamic range; scares you out of your chair when it starts side one.
I have that version as well.  I thought it was done in 1978?  The half speed mastering is unbelievable.  I don't understand why the LP has less hiss than the MFSL CD that I also have.  I have 9 LP's of Dark side, 5 CD's and 3 downloads plus a DVD Audio version.
Hey @stereo5 which of your digital releases would you recommend?

I have no vinyl here I'm afraid.

Best,

Erik