DAC suggestions

I know I shouldn't have. I have an inexpensive PS Audio dac I upgraded after seeing it on the web. It sounds good but I'm looking for better. I would like to get away from some of the brashness, shimmer, sizzle whatever. In the past I have owned several different dacs including Antelope, AMR and an integral dac in Mac 2500 pre. Can you make a suggestion? My budget is around 2 grand used.

I'm curious about lampizator. Aqua voce, T+A. I know there are a million. My system consists of Bat 75se amp and currently but soon to change a Cary 98 slp pre and Von Schweikert VR4 jr speakers.  thanks

dpm2340

Seriously consider the Musician Pegasus R/R DAC. Incredible sound quality, and 1,100 USD. That’s what I’m using and am blown away by the clarity, analogue-like sound, and wide soundstage.

This might be of interest to some. I was looking at the wyred4sound 10th anniversary dac and inquired about the I2s connection for my Jay's cdt2 mk3. It is a different configuration and will not work. The Gustard and denafrips I2s do work with the Jay's. Ps audio perfectwave cd transport not like gustard either. Bottom line always do your research if you intend on using I2s which turns out to be a must for me. Superior clarity to any other connection.

Hi, I suggest you read all reviews and if possible, listen the DAC RME 2DAC FS.

It is a German company which is world leader in professional sound equipment and RME launched this first equipment for audiophiles.

it’s simply wonderful and you don’t need spend all your budget.

For me, the best equipment recently launched in Audio World.

There’s no DAC with so much resources and sound quality!

Good luck

I’m listening to a Denafrips Pontus ll as I write those and with my Hegel amp, I get a nice fairy neutral sound. Definitely not bright.

All the best.

Hi, I suggest you read all reviews and if possible, listen the DAC RME 2DAC FS…  There’s no DAC with so much resources and sound quality!

@sacresta Ha!  What other DACs have you compared it to?  That’s just a silly and ignorant statement.