dac recommendations for turntable listener?

hi everyone, kindly asking for your dac suggestions. im almost 100% a turntable listener, but recently picked up a DirectStream Dac for those times I cant find the vinyl, its too expensive, or it simply doesn't exist. im looking for suggestions as im not happy with the DirectStream dac, its just not to my liking. its too sharp up top, too thin in the lower midrange, other than that everything else is pretty great. id like to get, if possible, a dac that sounds more like my turntable. I feel like I would get mostly there if the midrange was fuller, and the top end was softer. 

my current system is marantz tt15 , dynavector 20x2, icon audio ps3 mk ii, primaluna prologue premium, and elysian 4 speakers. 

the current dacs I was looking to switch to were lab 12 dac, primaluna evo 100 dac, lampizators entry model, or Merason DAC 1. does anyone have experience with these and can recommend them? 

thanks a lot! 

Anthony 

128x128palutena

Definitely audition the Merason DAC 1 

I haven’t listened to the MKII, but I love the MKI :)

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/03/12/lab12-dac1-review/

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/12/02/2024s-best-digital-playback-buyers-guide-2024/

I listened to the Merason Freot and original Merason DAC 1 . They were good. The Lab 12 DAC 1 Reference is what I took home that day. I really like this DAC.

thanks for all the recommendations everyone! I plugged in the node to my system and I cant believe the difference it made. everything is a lot smoother, a lot fuller, more weight, more scale, and more effortless sounding. pretty much identical to my turntable in those regards, except the turntable is a little smoother in the upper midrange (the ps audio is still a tad bit sharp here with female vocals) , and still gives a better illusion of the musicians being in the room, I think this is due to the images being more 3d. the dac is better at soundstage depth, and imaging (placement within the stage especial form left to right) 

im very happy that the dac is way more musical now and far less analytical and 2d sounding. 

I demo'd the Merason dac1 today along with the dsd on bowers and Wilkins 800 d3, it was a tiny bit better than the ps audio in most of the categories (soundstage depth, midrange and treble air, vocal presence, bass and midrange fullness, and especially tone of the instrments). it really felt like in another league. however I don't think im going to upgrade or change at this time as im pretty happy with how the ps audio sounds now other than the tiny bit of upper midrange sharpness that still remains.

next step is figuring out how to make my main room sound as good as my bedroom.

thanks again everyone for the suggestions! 

I agree with the Aqua LaScala. The closest I’ve come to analog sound when streaming. I have heard a few DAC’s and am very pleased with my LaScala. If budget is an issue the Bryston BDA3 is excellent.