DAC question - is music streamer DAC better than mcintosh DA2?

I am planning to buy a MA12000 or MA9500 or MA8950, all of which have the new DAC (DA2) along with a music streamer. While I perusing the posts here, I see that several of you have suggested not to rely on the mcintosh's DA2 and instead, rely only on the music streamer's DAC. If that is true indeed, then what is the point of spending thousands of $$$$$ on a mcintosh? wouldn't a more reasonable (price-wise) manufacturer suffice? 

What are the other considerations for me to understand? Thank you :)

nathandfwacoustics

The DA2 card sounds really good for a built in DAC.   My Dad has a MA8950 and it sounds great.   Avoid Eversolo streamers as they do not recognize some DACs via USB, the DA2 is one of them.  

Lots of integrated amps have built in DACs.  That is the appeal, that you get all sorts of functionality in one box.  Those integrated amps also have phono stages but it’s likely that many folks would tell you to get an external one.  Only you can decide if it’s worth the money.  I have an MA8900 and use an external DAC but don’t for one minute regret buying the integrated amp or think I over paid for what I got.  I could happily live with the DA1 in my 8900 but chose to try something different.  The DA2 is a good DAC.  Buy a streamer with no internal DAC, which most would suggest you do rather than buying a streamer/DAC combo, hook it up to the DA2 and see what you think.  The value proposition of McIntosh is something only you can decide.  There are many excellent integrated amplifiers other than McIntosh, but some of the reasons people buy them are: sonic signature, reliability, support, American made, iconic brand with the blue meters, resale value. If you don’t like the idea of paying for an integrated with built in DAC and phono stage then you can buy separates.  Those separate units will likely cost you more overall than an integrated but you get to choose instead of the manufacturer doing it for you.  You also don’t need to spend $10k on an integrated to get really good performance.

Those big McIntosh integrated amps are excellent.  By big I mean the ones with autoformers.  Can drive 4 Ohm speakers all day long and barely get warm