conrad johnson art108a versus art300 versus art150

Hello,

I am considering the CJ art300 but am wondering if anyone heard the art108a or art150 and thought it sounded better for the former and almost as good as to the latter.

I am not able to do a home audition so am seeing what others have thought about the latest CJ amps

thanks

Michael

radioheadokplayer
Post removed 

I appreciate the thumbs up for the zesto as they make quality products but I already own EAR 890 amps and think EROS would be similar to that...

I was considering moving to a KT150 which is what the ART300 uses but perhaps just keep the EAR890

I owned a Zesto Leto.   Fantastic preamp,  great people over there too...

I can’t comment on the specifics. I have always held CJ in the highest regard. I helped a friend pick out his system. All CJ, he has been incredibly happy for a couple decades.

My experience has been that ARC, CJ, and VAC move forward improving their sound decade by decade.

My apologies for not replying sooner. I provide concierge service to CJ and can share my observations. The ART 150 and 300 are the same amps except the 300s are monoblocks. Sonically, the 300s are smoother and more detailed than the 150 but your source and preamp will be the defining factor on what you hear. Not to lessen the 150, it is a lovely amp capable of driving any speaker. In both cases, adding NOS 6922s will improve the sound. 

The ART 27A may be one of the best amps I have every heard. Its sound is pure and musical with no flaws. Your speakers and room will be factors. In a standard sized room (13x17 or there abouts) the ART 27A can drive most speakers.

The ART 108s offer more power, purity, musicality, everything. They are the last amps you will own.

All three amps let you sit and listen to and be engulfed by the music. The 27A and 108 put you in the music.

IMO, the KT88s give you more flexibility and ad warmth to detail.

I am sure you would be happy with any of the amps, but it comes down to your room, front end, room, ears, and budget.

Hope this helps. Happy to continue the conversation. 

My apologies for not replying sooner. I provide concierge service to CJ and can share my observations. The ART 150 and 300 are the same amps except the 300s are monoblocks. Sonically, the 300s are smoother and more detailed than the 150 but your source and preamp will be the defining factor on what you hear. Not to lessen the 150, it is a lovely amp capable of driving any speaker. In both cases, adding NOS 6922s will improve the sound. 

The ART 27A may be one of the best amps I have every heard. Its sound is pure and musical with no flaws. Your speakers and room will be factors. In a standard sized room (13x17 or there abouts) the ART 27A can drive most speakers.

The ART 108s offer more power, purity, musicality, everything. They are the last amps you will own.

All three amps let you sit and listen to and be engulfed by the music. The 27A and 108 put you in the music.

IMO, the KT88s give you more flexibility and ad warmth to detail.

I am sure you would be happy with any of the amps, but it comes down to your room, front end, room, ears, and budget.

Hope this helps. Happy to continue the conversation.