Connection options from Node to Denafrips Iris to Pontus

What cables do you recommend to connect from a Node to a Denafrips Iris to a Denafrips Pontus?  I'll be using XLR's from the Pontus to my preamp.

128x128davegolf2424

Davegolf2424,

I just posted this on the other thread that you started, I'll repost it here as well.

"I don't believe you mentioned which Node you have. The Node 2 and Node 2i, do not support USB out.....and the Iris only accepts USB input. The Node 130 (3rd gen) supports USB output, which is what I have.

Input USB into the Iris using a nice cable, you don't need to break the bank. I've used a Supra Excalibur (they sell on eBay) to good results in the past....and it's $130 if I recall.

DEFINITELY I2S from Iris to Pontus II 12th using a really solid HDMI cable, I'm currently using an Audioquest Vodka 48 which I believe is around $450...but be careful of eBay, those may be Chinese fakes. I've also used Supra 2.1 HDMI (which is legit on eBay) and Audioquest Cinnamon 48 as well......better cable will produce better results

I also use XLR out of the Pontus to my preamp, works a treat"

Are all HDMI cables able to support I2S?  I've seen on some discussions that you have to be careful of what I2S cable is used because there is no standard and some companies us different formats.  I'll definitely be checking my Node when I get home to see what gen it is.  Thanks to all for contributing to this!  I'll update when I know what gen the Node is.

It is true that there is no agree upon standard, but the Pontus does have configurable inputs on it's I2S should there be an incompatibility. I do know that Audioquest 48 cables are compatible

davegolf2424,

Also you could always pop an email to Alvin Chee at Vinshine (I'm assuming that's where you are buying your equipment?), he'll be more than happy to give you some recommendations on good I2S cables for the Iris/Pontus pairing

Vthokie83,

Excellent idea.   I'll touch base with Alvin. I have a couple of photos of the connection side of the Node that may help.  It is a 2i, so that may not be good news.