Class D amps seem poised to take over. Then what?

I am certainly biased by my lifetime final amp being a Class D. But I know that after 30+ years of development, Class D seems to be on a high plain. I know there are now many, many companies focusing on Class D and, maybe, a good handful already as good as it gets. My Class D amp is as smooth and beautifully musical as a great tube amp and as punchy and detailed as a great SS amp. I am satisfied and done with my search. A class D amp has effectively taken me off the amp merry-go-round. It’s about time after 50 years. And, for me, this Class D is a milestone. Will all other classes of amps fade away?
mglik
Read my review of the Legacy Audio i.V4  Ultra at Dagogo.com 
Gorgeous with all genres of speakers 
Any suggestions of Class D that have decent image depth and musical engagement?
IMO the problem with Bruno's modules is that he makes them available for anyone to cook up the input circuit. Many designers have with really variable results! Almost any class D module is going to need some sort of gain and impedance matching at its input since the typical comparitor input (and all class D circuits have a comparitor) is often only about 2KOhms; far too low for most preamps and needing some level at the same time.

So that's one variable. You hope that whomever designed the input circuit knows what they are doing.

The other issue IME/IMO is the power supply. Unless you have an enormous manufacturing budget and can spring for a custom designed switching power supply, if you have a switching power supply its likely to have current limiting issues which can shoot down the amplifier design. For this reason I recommend looking for class D amps that have a lower tech power supply using a conventional power transformer and rectifiers.

So a Hypex can sound great if these issues are properly attended. That is why you hear such variable reports about Bruno's modules (UCD, Hypex and Purifi).

You've probably been hearing about the AGD Audion- all the reports I've heard about this amp indicate that its excellent (not heard it myself).
Hello....Can I simply inquire as to whether the new age of Class D amps are fostering that feeling of warmth and body that one gets from Tube or Solid State amps? As I get more seasoned I find that body and warmth all the seriously convincing and habit-forming though in those days I adored detail and tidiness regardless of anything else.
I use almost all types of amplifiers and class D can sound great if implemented properly. I do at times use a tube preamplifier with class D you get that warmth and lite from within quality that tubes do so well with the low noise massive dynamics and great bass drive that class D amps can produce. 

Can I simply inquire as to whether the new age of Class D amps are fostering that feeling of warmth and body that one gets from Tube or Solid State amps?
@briggtrim If the class D amp is designed properly, yes, it will sound smooth with warmth and body like a tube amp, something a conventional solid state amp (IME) cannot do.