Choosing a network player/streamer

This is my first post on here so please don't be too brutal with me if I commit an Audiogon faux-pas. 
I have a nice little Bryston system that I have assembled over the last couple of years.  It consists of a BP-26 Pre-amp, BDP-3 network player (with BOT-1), BCD-1 cd player,  BDA-3 DAC, 14B-SST amplifier, and Magnepan 3.6r's. 
I recently added a Yamaha np-s303 network player to check out.  It sounds good playing through the Bryston DAC, and its APP (Musicast) is super easy to learn/use. The Bryston interface is problematic and just not intuitive to use.  So now I'm looking for a compelling reason to keep the Bryston BDP-3 instead of selling it in favor of the Yamaha np-s303.  Any constructive comments or opinions are greatly appreciated. 

okhunter

Showing 1 response by p05129

You have to look at the bigger picture. If you are going to use usb to the dac, then it doesn’t matter what you use for the streamer/server, you won’t get good sound quality from that interface. Why do you think the best dacs either recommend or don’t use usb or if you look at the latest wadex server review, Harley stated the optical interface sounded much better than it’s usb connection to its dac.