CD Transport Question

I've recently acquired a Naim NAC 272 which I'm using as a pre-amp, streamer and DAC. I really like the Naim sound.

I have hundreds of CDs and am contemplating purchasing a single CD Transport. The brick and mortar store where I purchased the used NAC 272 told me the Naim CD options do not have the appropriate connections to be used solely as a transport. He also sold Rega, but said that brand didn't "play well" with the NAC 272. His suggestions were the Marantz 6007 run in digital-out mode and/or the Cambridge Audio CXC v2 (or even the AXC35 or Yamaha CD-303). His thought was I only need to purchase for the transport itself as the DAC in the NAC 272 will be superior to any DACs found in CD players [otherwise] up to $2,000. 

In my research, other options I've seen of mention are the: Denon DCD-900NE; Audiolab 6000CDT; LEAK CDT; NAD C568; Roksan Attessa CD; Rotel CD14 MKII; CEC TL5; and the Yamaha CDS1000. 

Can you share your experiences or thoughts with any of these Transports [or Players with Digital-out to bypass the CD unit's internal DACs]? Do some of the lesser priced models have the same laser and other CD moving parts where the higher priced options from those manufacturers are simply being poured into the DAC? Are there others I should consider at or under $1,200? I've read sufficient comments suggesting I should not purchase a CD transport or player used. If there's a transport [used] that might be an exception, however, please do share that info as well.

Many thanks. 

northbeach

@twoleftears  do you know the price point of the URD and when it will be out?  Helluva nice room/house by the way!

No. Neither announced yet.  They had models in their workshop and I think at shows as of June.  Manufacturing and supply chain may be an issue.

Hello,

Download your cd collection to a hard drive as a Wav file

get Roon and call it a Day

I recommend 2 choices. A Pioneer Elite PD-65 or the famous Pioneer Elite DV-09. The DV-09 is built like a tank and there are a lot of reviews being used as a transport. Fully copper chassis inside including the famous TEAC CD Loader. The PD-65 plays the CD upside down on a platter. Take a look before you purchase modern stuff. They can’t compare. Also if you notice, most top of the line transport  players don’t play SACD but will play Redbook. McIntosh MCT80, 450, 500, and 600 will if it is connected to the McIntosh D150 DAC/ Processor. That should tell you a lot about SACD and why the top of the line transport don’t play SACD. Happy hunting!

I’m in a similar situation. Have you taken a look at any of the Cayin cd player options? Great builds and designs with a comparably great value proposition.
Also, NuPrime has some great players and transports that can be found within the 1k-2k range.

Based on those I’ve heard before, would have to say +1 for the Pioneer Elite players. Those old PD and DV players are pretty exceptional.