CD Player: Vintage or modern ones?

I’ve been given a collection of classical and jazz CD’s, last time I had or played one was like 20 years ago with a humble Denon I bought saving for few months.

Now that I have a pretty good system, wondering if worth to get a good CD Player or find some “old glory”, but I’m totally lost.

The one that appeals to me is the Audis Flight FL Three S in black (must be black to match rest of my Italian system, ideally from that beautiful country), or the Goldnote CD-10, even some TEAC. Regarding more older units, I’m totally lost.

Any suggestion? Rest of the system is made by Diesis Audio (Speakers, Ampnand cables).

Thanks in Advance.

superelmar

PS: what is the benefit nowadays using CD’s instead of a nice DAC/Streamer combo?

Both good/great is done right BUT the selection with streaming is astounding. Go to a show or shop and check it out. Lot's of good used stuff for starter streamers or higher end steamers always around.  

The "benefit" of CDs is that you don't need the internet and a cleaned up ethernet chain. Less parts are needed too.

Sonically, with both done right, there's scant difference if any. High end flac files (steamed) are tops.

My CD's are in a closet and CD player is too. Both are kept in case the internet blacks out for days.

It depends on the quality of the CD player. The old Naim CDi that I inherited from my late Dad (RIP Dad 💔) is built like a tank and still sounds great over 30 years after it was manufactured. Of course the CDi would cost over $9000 today factoring in for inflation, but nice ones can be found from time to time for around a $1000US. As is the case with all vintage audio gear, finding parts can be an issue though. So caveat emptor. 👍

Unfortunately old lasers burn out sooner or later, and are often irreplaceable.  I'd be looking for an inexpensive transport (even a universal player including SuperAudio CD playback) and spend the leftover loot on a good DAC,  I do not know of a streaming service that outperforms multi-channel SACD ...

I do not know of a streaming service that outperforms multi-channel SACD ...

Have you tired Qobuz larger FLAC files on a higher end streamer and DAC setup? It's not possible to hear any difference.  My test subject is just me.

So interesting… I think would be the only way I’d listen to an entire album, streaming as comfy and good it is, makes me nervous changing song from one album to another, maybe just get a transport for my Aqua La Scala? Would be this option better than just get a 1000-4000€ cd player?