CD Player or Transport

I previously owned a Sony SCD-1, but sold it because it was taking up too much space and the location I had it in was a pain for a player that loads from the top.  I own about 300 CDs and miss playing them.  I started to upload them to my computer, but it was taking too much time and I abandoned the project.  

I recently purchased a Sim Audio Moon ACE.  I am considering buying a CD player or a transport to play my CDs. I would like to keep the purchase under $1000.  My question is- am I better off putting all of my funds into a transport and using the DAC in the ACE or does it make sense to just buy a CD player?  I am pretty happy with the sound quality I get streaming through the ACE, so I am leaning towards a transport, but wanted to throw it out there to see if there are any pros to a CD player that I might be missing. Would also appreciate any suggestions within my price point.

Thanks
durangowill
That moon has a ES9010K2M ESS Sabre DAC. YOu might just read up the reviews on the Moon implementation if you can find... But it does support DSD. I would just get a good transport and give it a whirl. There is a CXC over on USAudiomart for like $300. Then save the rest of your coin and add to it over a bit of time and get yourself a good external DAC down the roads.
I would buy a transport. Either the Cambridge CXC or the Audiolab 6000. Both new at $550-$600. I own the CXC and it serves me well. 
Thanks for all the replies.  The consensus seems to be to go with a transport.  I am going to pick up a Cambridge Audio CXC and look forward to adding it into my system. 

I've enjoyed CXC both with Denafrips DAC and EVS Modified Oppo Sonica used as Streamer/DAC/Pre...Cambridge often sells them refurbished with warranty for around $300..also been told the Series 1 and 2 are functionally and sonically identical, just different color...

Has anyone had any experience with the Project RS2 T?  Also anyone have any listening experience with CEC, or Jays Audio transports?