Caveat Emptor

I almost never post and never have submitted a bad review but my experience with Apos Audio requires me to do such.

I ordered a DAC from them and they sent wrong color. I tried to contact them via phone and the only way to get someone's attention is through email.  They gave a slight refund if I wanted to keep the DAC which I accepted.  Then when I hooked it up it would not work correctly. They offered suggestions on a possible fix which I tried all to no avail. I asked to send the unit back to get refund and that is when the issue on a 20% restocking fee was communicated to me due to having it longer than the time allowed.  This was not acceptable to me as I had to wait for their response between emails.  I sent the unit back and filed a dispute with Paypal and it took me 3 weeks from the time they received it to get my money.  I will never buy from them again and will give my business to Mother Amazon where returns are much simpler and I don't have to write numerous emails to get refund.

Just a heads up to all.

128x128clifblock

Thanks for the heads up.  After reading their "defective on arrival" policy and their regular "return policy" I would not hesitate to order from them and have thus bookmarked their site for future consideration. 

If anything you should apologize to them for not reading the fine print and not returning the defective item immediately.  They allow a 45 day return policy (20% restocking) but if the item is defective on arrival you must report it within 7 days, receive their prepaid shipping label, and they even give you another 5 days to drop it off to the shipper!  Or get a full refund!

Apos

apos has done right by me in the past

straight up guys, took back dac with no questions asked, prompt communication and refund

Here is a chronological chain of events:

The following is a chronological sequence of events which I believe purports to the waiver of any restocking fee:

March 3, 2022 Received DAC from Apos

March 3, 2022 Informed Apos that the wrong color DAC was shipped

March 7, 2022 Received response from Apos that I could exchange for correct order decided to

keep unit

March 10, 2022 DAC was hooked up to system and noticed problem and allowed it to be powered on two days as sometimes that can correct a problem which it didn’t

March 13, 2022 Tried to call Apos based on number on website to discuss issue with a live person which that is not an option

March 20, 2022 Finally found who I should contact at Apos to try and resolve issue

March 21, 2022 Received instructions from you on some possible fixes to resolve the problem

March 22, 2022 Responded to you that I tried those suggested fixes and they were unsuccessful

March 24, 2022 Received Return Authorization from Apos

March 25, 2022 DAC mailed back to Apos Chandler AZ

March 28, 2022 Unit received by Apos Chandler AZ

Welcome to the world of ChiFi. Where the products are cheap and even 1/2 of the work.

I bought a Cheap ultrasonic record cleaner off of walMarts site. I just figured that they had at least reviewed this company. So I was safe..... The cleaner came with the wrong US cleaner itself. I was quite satisfied with the quality of the rest ofm the unit. So I asked them to send me the US cleaner for exchange. TI had to instead, box up the whole thing and send it back. Then I would have to reorder it. I got the $$$ back and went elsewhare

Ordered it elsewhere and all was well except the plug for the record spinner motor. They sent a new one but it had to come from china so was 2 weeks getting here. they have a 30 day return but it was 25 days before I could use it.

Bottom line is that Chinese customer service is NOT on par with what we used to get. Our is going in their direction though. They are used to waiting for everything.

OTOH, the machine is good and works well. The only thing to replace is a motor and a US cleaner itself Those are easily replaced.

I only ever bought a bc-3 bluetooth HD module from them. Received it in correct color, and it was as described and works very well connected to my v90 dac. No problems connecting to it and it sounds great. I think Apos is a pretty good outfit.