Cary vs Raven

It's about time to replace the 20+ year old Prima Luna.  Based on my limited researches and the positive on Audiogon, I'm leaning toward either a Cary SLI-80HS or CAD-300SEI, and the Raven Blackhawk.  I currently have Forest Totem speakers, but am looking to get some Klipsch Heresy or Fortes.  On paper the SLI-80HS and Blackhawk look pretty similar to me, and I've been intrigued with the 300 B tube.  This is the last amp I will buy, so want to make sure it's the best my budget can manage.  I listen to classical in a small size room (15'x15'x9'), so I don't need a lot of power.   

Anyone out there had a chance to compare these amps?  If so, what is the verdict?  And how about the various upgrades available for each?  Thanks in advance for your advice.

jrcotner

Forest are very good speakers. And they’ll pair well with Cary. 
I would stick with established brands for amps and speakers if this is to be a long term relationship. Audio Research also makes a nice integrated, slightly more expensive than the Cary but used can be a good deal.

Cary provided great service on an issue with my SLP05 that I had bought used. No complaints from me about their service. 

Klipsch Forte’s and Cary Audio! Superb, especially at low listening levels. 

@ghdprentice is spot on.  I got my speakers and am now adjusting/upgrading electronics to match my taste in music and the speakers.  IMO, it is much easier to swap out an amp or preamp then speakers given the cost and size.  And less expensive, at least for me.