Cartridge question for Thorens TD320 mkII

Hi,

I recently bought a Thorens TD320 mkII with the TP90 tonearm. My intent was to use a Grace F9E (with the SS RS9E Blue stylus). I realize that with a mass of 17g vs. a cartridge with a compliance of 25 (@10Hz), it isn't ideal. Will it work? What would I notice (other than tracking) if this isn't a decent match?

I also have an AT 440MLa which I would suppose would be a better match, but I really wanted to try out the Grace. I do have a mkI TD320 with a TP16 mkIII arm on it (7.5g) and cart compliance of 10 (@10Hz).

pars

If 17g includes the weight of the Grace plus mount hardware, an online calculator gives a resonant frequency of 7.7Hz, which is close enough to the ideal range.  Don't fret; just try  it.   Even if you've left out the weight of the cartridge, adding 6g to account for the cartridge and screws still gives 6.6Hz.  Still probably ok especially since a vintage cartridge is not likely to display the as new compliance.

Go ahead and try the Grace in the TP90. I bet it will work fine! You can also try the Grace in the other lighter arm.