Cartridge for Thorens TD-160 also Phonoamp

Finally have all my HT equipment and currently blowing the dust of my analog stuff. My analog equip is as follows- Cary integrated amp, Stealth phono amp, TD-160 table and JM Lab Electra 926 Speakers. Need to to setup a new cartridge on my SME-3009 Tonearm. I listen to mostly alternative, jazz and classic rock(no head banging stuff).

I spun a record the other day and it sounded pretty good through the my old Stealth phono amp but then I have'nt spun an album in years so may not know what im missing.

Would someone please suggest a cartidge($200 range) and possibly some phonoamps ($1000 max). I have always bought used off the Gon and never been disappointed.

Thank you!
128x128freddy50
A lot of folks don't think its very "audiophile", but try to the Shure M97xe. They can be had for less than $100 and they're a great value. I had this cart on a TD-160 super and was really impressed with it for the $$. Even more so when I ran it through a Pro-ject Tube Box. It won't be the last word in super high-end detail, but the timbres are really great and the IMHO the over all sound was very satisfying.
Best to ID which model the 3009 is.

Their effective mass can vary quite a bit, depending upon the version/model.
I have a Thorens TD 160 and was seeking some cartridge advice. The Audio Technica AT 150Ti was most often cited. I haven't tried it yet, but when I get back around to using this table, that will be the cartridge I purchase.
I have the following Thorens combinations and can highly recommend the following carts:

TD 125 Mk. 1 with SME 3009 Series II (early) - Ortofon 2M Blue

TD 125 Mk.1 with SME 3009 Series II Improved - Audio Technica AT150Ti

TD 160 with TP16 arm and TP60 headshell - Benz Micro MC20E2

All of the above carts are in the $150 to $250 range new/used.

The Cambridge 640P is a fine budget phonostage to start with, the Rogue Audio Stealth a nice $700-$800 choice and the Graham Slee Era Gold Mk.V is really nice around $1000.

I've had all of the above and can recommend each. You might consider picking up a nice vintage receiver by Kenwood, Luxman, Tandberg and/or McIntosh. Some of the top of the line models by these mfrs. have really fine phonostages and you can get a killer tuner as well.

Good luck!
I have been extremely pleased with my Denon DL-160 (hi output MC) in an SME 3009II arm, Thorens TD-125, Tube Audio Design TAD-150 preamp setup. You can get them for less than $200.