Can one ever be "done" in this hobby?

I would like to think I am pretty much in audio nirvana right now but supremely well aware how quickly that can change to audio nervosa!

What do think?

Is it really possible to kick the addiction and be done and just sit back and enjoy the music?

Has anybody managed this trick of the mind?
128x128uberwaltz
Unreceivedogma I also have stabilized my system over the years in my main audio system
SME IV modified tonearm - 30 years
Amp/Pre-Amp/Phono pre-amp - 20 years
Audio Interface SUT - 35 years (maybe a 
Cartridge Benz Ruby - 13 years (time soon for a replacement)
VPI TNT VI+ - 13 years
VPI 19-4 turntable (for 78s) - 38 years
Legacy Focus - 20 years (maybe upgrade in the future)
EAR Acute - 12 years (maybe separate high end DAC in future)
Cabling - I'm a beta tester but only 3 sets of speaker cables in 20 years
Stillpoints - both original and mostly current models when they were first introduced
Synergistic Research HFTs, Fuses and Outlets-when they were first introduced
Shakti Hallographs - 2 pair 15 years
Townsend Seismic Sink - 13 years
Walker Talisman - 13 years
Equipment Stands - 22 years
Omega E- Mats - when they were first introduced
The Gate - future purchase?

Basically, I have maintained most of my components for decades with more recent tweaks adding their abilities.  I used to change equipment more often because I was dissatisfied with the sound but there are many tweaks that I added which could have improved their abilities.   Sure, I'd like a Kronos turntable and $10-$15K cartridge to go along with my 25,000 LPs.   There is also a possible SUT upgrade to the  Zesto Andros Allasso which uses even higher end Jensen transformers and uses them to adjust impedance rather than my using a resistor in my Audio Interface.  

fleschler, the irony for you is that all that time and expense and you still have a long way to go. The reason I say that is because the problems with scattered laser light and the vibrating and fluttering CD can not (rpt not) be recovered by anything you do downstream. Not cables, tweaks, speakers, fuses, room treatment. The information that’s lost as soon as the laser strikes the CD is gone forever. That’s the very first thing that happens - Distortion and noise. And it has always been so. Everybody is used to by now. That’s why audiophiles deep down inside are dissatisfied with their sound, they know deep down there’s got to be more to it than this.  😛

Please, no angry emails telling me have much everyone loves their system’s sound.
Depends on how far the technology can and will go. I think 🤔 as a headphone and loud speaker user you can stay put for quite a while if everything in your soundchain has some degree of performing on an elite level. 

The audio world really shifts every 7 to 10 years in terms of huge leaps in audio tech performance and quality. 
So if it's a hobby that you enjoy, why would anyone want to be done?  Honestly, I have no desire to "be done".  It's exploration and new experiences.
I desire to be “done” because audio is a means to an end. The end is an appreciation of the music. 

I have got my system up to where, while I know it’s not likely the best, it’s at least 90% there. 

I have 5,800 LPs. It will take me years to go through all of them just on what I currently have.

After a while, like whats the point of fussing with it? Records having the wide range of engineering quality that they do, there’s enuf fussing around with each LP as it is.