Can a system sound too Holographic?

Hi friends :)

So I got a question for those interested. For me, having a 2 channel system with a Holographic soundstage is very desirable.

I bring this up because I had lent some Centerstage 2 footers ( isolation devices) to a friend to try out. To make a long story short, he likes what they are doing under his Lumin T3, however he mentioned that it might be "Too Holographic". I don't know about you guys and gals, but that wouldn't really be a problem for me. Your thoughts or experiences please. Anyone experience a soundstage that was too Holographic?

aniwolfe

@roxy54 I was fooling around. Happens sometimes. 

Call Holographic Three D. (Not fooling around)?

Yeah man...you sit up and yell, "what the hell are these musicians doing IN MY HOUSE," and then you calm down and realize hey...things just got a little too holographic.

Yes, it is like everything else in music.  Through a bit of tuning, the system is now on the verge of too holographic, such that the artifacts are occasionally a distraction. 

Not muted or distorted.  When you have a bell, or percussion instrument protruding into the room about 5 feet, it can take away from the music and just be distracting.  If it was not on the recording, it would not be there.  It is not just noise.

A cable upgrade got it there, and now it is pretty interesting when the artifacts happen.  I like it when things are tuned to the edge (optimal).  I could get one more of the cable set in my system, and it would likely push it over the top.  Not going there.

I remember someone telling me that their system was so resolving that they could hear the drummer fart.  Not really interested in that, so best to keep it inaudible in the background....

In 1980 I was so impresssed with a demo of Bob Carver's Sonic Holography pre amp, I drained my savings, bought the c4000 pre & M400 cube amp. Still use the pre amp. Just sold the cube. Replaced with a great Odyssey amp.

To me its like the differance between mono and stereo.

I do turn it off for some genres like old jazz or a single singer and guitar, but prog rock, synth, electronic, etc music can be immersing.

So my answerer to OP, yes it may not suit some music styles, but it can be great for others.

By the way my speakers are Magnepan 1.7is which on their own create a nice openess.

Polk made speakers back in the 1990s, 2000s? They used a 3rd cable "interconnect" between them. They definatelty created a big soundstage / holographic effect.

A sounfield must be coherent...

And the cables and amplifier and speaker help for the holography indeed , but a coherent holography is an ACOUSTIC phenomenon FIRST AND LAST coming if the speakers/room is optimized... ....Not a disturbing artefact...

But we can create artificial holography for sure, a compaqny i will not name sell devices that do that artificial "holographical sound effect" i am not interested by that kind of "tweaks"...I am in mechanical room  acoustic or electronic BACCH filters which are natural recreation of the recording soundstage in a "virtual room holography  " with no degradation of timbre instruments...

if someone do not want to tune his room to create a natural holography, the Cgoeri BACCH filters do that and IT IS NOT ARTIFICIAL TRICK...Read about it...