Can a DAC do double duty?

Hi All,

I have Eversolo streamer going to DENAFRIPS Pontus via USB. Then XLR’s from Pontus to my processor. 

I have an older Pioneer Elite CD carousel which has coax. Can I go coax from CD player to Pontus, then Pontus to processor via RCA in’s on my processor?

Obviously I would be listening to either/or not at the same time. But is this doable? And if so does it do any harm to Pontus?

Thanks so much in advance!

Best Regards…

kingbr

@amtprod not sure if it’s A6 version? Got her off EBay a few years ago. In a previous life I had the PD-F908 and sold that one after my divorce. A few years ago when I got back into the game the first thing I looked for was a Pioneer carousel. Came across the Elite and pounced!

@asvjerry B. Joel Glass Houses is a true Time Machine for me. “Sleeping With the Television on” (does not get any better than the intro to that one😌 brings me right back to the old days when you’d fall asleep watching a movie and wake up to the snowy screen with that playing), and “ I Don’t Want To Be Alone Anymore”. IMHO those were BJ’s best and most underrated songs. Not sure why they never got the airtime…memory lane man, doesn’t get any better…

Just buya external dvd,Blu-ray  with a usb A on one end which you need to rip CDs 

these multi disc are NG the bigger the platter the more the wobble.

Agree with the advice above - not issues with using two inputs to the Pontus

However where I ran into an issue with the Pontus (which I love by the way) was in trying to hook up both outputs of the Pontus at the same time.  I wanted to run RCA into my tube integrated and run XLR to a headphone amp.  Even though I would have only used one output at a time, Vinshine confirmed what the manual said about not connecting both outputs at once. Beyond my understanding but something to do with output buffering I believe.  My solution was to get a new integrated amp with XLR input with a good built-in headphone amp

@jmalen123 I have the PD-65 as well.Sadly, there's something wrong in the laser electronics and it no longer reads a CD.  I -LOVED- this CD player.  It really had an incredible presence and projected the instruments into the room.  I wish I could get this thing fixed!!

Even though I would have only used one output at a time, Vinshine confirmed what the manual said about not connecting both outputs at once.

@burtlake Great and important info, and thanks for sharing — I was actually wondering about exactly that issue.  OP, there’s the definitive answer to your initial question.