Can a Bluesound Node's Streamer Be Bypassed and be used as an External Dac?

Can I bypass the streamer on the Bluesound Node and use it as an external DAC?

I just bought a Aurrender N200 streamer.  It's current paired with an older external DAC.  I can barely listen to my system now because of ear fatigue!  The higher frequencies are shrill!  Previously, I used the Bluesound Node and enjoyed it and could listen and moderate volume levels for hours. 

I want to confirm that it's the older DAC is the problem.  Can I bypass the streamer on the Bluesound Node and use it as an external DAC?

Thanks!

malatu

It’s only a $50 dac inside your better off with a AQ stick 

spend $900 for the latest Denafrips Aries2 that’s better sounding  then any streamer at $3k 

If you have an Aurender, you owe to yourself to have a good DAC. The DAC in the Node is below average in a Node 2 or 2i, and a little better in the Node 130.

I think the Node 2i DAC is pretty bad even compared to my trusty old DacMagic (later generation but still an older thing by today's standards...still sounds great for "redbook" CDs and my old Squeezebox Touch now mostly used as a clock), so I bought a Bifrost 2/64 and that sounds amazingly good with high rez streaming from the Node.