Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb

Showing 4 responses by polk432

Cables...good bad or indifferent.. cost to the buyer vs cost to the maker is just not justifiable. I don't care how much better one thinks the sound is or is not. If I'm wrong, just buy all Odins and enjoy them.. alone.
I just sold a set of Nordost Heimdalls and a set of Blue Heaven IC's. They sounded great in my system, and I was going to upgrade to Tyr, Valhallas, or Odins. Instead, I am waiting on Linn IC's since I've always had good luck with them. I have to use Monster cables while waiting for the Linns to arrive. Guess what...my system still sounds fantastic. I would have kicked myself paying the kind of money to get the Nordosts, however their powercords and QB4 distribution box did make a difference for the better, so I guess it really matters what type of system one has.
Knghifi, mine are newer 2m that I usually only use for 2 subwoofers. The Linns will be connected to my sources for sure. I have an all tube system and liked the Nordosts, but their cost is not justified. Only their powercords make a difference. I even have the Blue Heaven Rev II bi wires, and they are good, but the sound was the same using Morrow Audio SP4 bi wires, and Kimber TC4 TC8 and TC12 single wires. Happy listening.
Knghifi, mine are newer 2m that I usually only use for 2 subwoofers. The Linns will be connected to my sources for sure. I have an all tube system and liked the Nordosts, but their cost is not justified. Only their powercords make a difference. I even have the Blue Heaven Rev II bi wires, and they are good, but the sound was the same using Morrow Audio SP4 bi wires, and Kimber TC4 TC8 and TC12 single wires. Happy listening.