Cable for Mcintosh MA8950 and Monitor Audio PL200 II

Hi everyone,

It’s my first post here. Seeking suggestion for my setup. Recently aquried a Mcintosh MA8950, speaker is Monitor Audio PL200 II. Mainly looking for Power Cord and Speaker Cable.

I now have Transparent Premium, Nordost Red Dawn, Blue Heaven and Wireworld Electra 7 power cord. Nordost Heimdall 2 speaker cable, usb cable. PS Audio Dectet power conditioner. They all from my old setup which I really satisfied but seems not working good with MA8950 and PL200 setup.

I have tried switching those power cord between the wall - conditioner, conditioner - amp or plug the ma8950 directly to the wall. Seems the conditoner will limitied/comprass the dynamic, but with the ps auido dectet, the sound stage is bigger, imaging and separation is better and the background is darker. In summery, the red dawn pc’s imaging, separation soundstage is better then transparent premium. but the transparent premium has richer body and bass.

I mainly listen to Classical, sometimes jazz and vocal, wondering if there is a good power cord or speaker cable or combination that has a fuller richer body, good bass perfomance and not lossing the clarity, transparency. I have a friend recommand the Shunyata Delta NR V2 power cord, is it worth the price?

My budget for Power Cord is up to $1500, the Speaker cable is same level as Heimdall 2 or a level step up

Thanks

rodar93

For a PC, Audioquest Hurricane. I have two powering my McIntosh MC 611s. They sound fabulous. If you hit the lottery, then buy a Dragon, which is significantly better!

I suggest getting a home audition of Clarity Audio Vortex power cords. It isn't as pretty as the AQ Hurricane, but I think it sounds great.

First of all, just run your amp directly from wall outlet. Don’t use that regenerator.
Is there anything you don’t like about Nordost Heimdall 2 speaker cables? May be go up to frey 2 sp cables? Audience AU24SX are excellent speaker cables as well. Also highly recommend Audience Studio One or au24se power cord. 

@jeffreyw thanks, have read a lot good reviews while doing my homework

Will keep my eyes on it

@audphile1 correction, it's a power conditioner, not even a power regenerator. have no issue, actually like the heimdall2 speaker cables a lot. Got itfrom a good deal. Also auditioned the frey and tyr, although they are sharing the same characteristic, each cable is a step up and getting more balanced. Ask for speaker cable to see if there is some magical combination. Thanks for your suggestion.