Bypassing Sony SACD protocols - is it possible?

Curious to find out if there is a Streamer/DAC/Preamp combination unit that will play SACDs when connected to a SACD player?

128x128mazian

My OPPO player will output 88.2k digitally when playing SACD.   They claim it has something to do with the Nyquist freq .   and that  176.4 would not sound as good....

I am not aware of any dedicated SACD player that can output DSD stream via Toslink or Coax. I believe you need a universal player with hdmi output and D.BOB to extract DSD 64 stream to any DAC that can decode DSD.

https://geerfab.com/audio/

Another option is to rip the SACD layer yourself as a DSD file which you store on your streaming device and route that to your DAC. It takes some setup work to do and requires a particular set of Blu-Ray players to rip the disc, but it's not terribly difficult if you follow the right instructions. 

Thanks for reminding me about the D.BOB. My Sony SCD-1 died earlier this year and I was wondering how to play my SACD's.

Upscale Audio is selling the D.BOB for $799. I just got it and will hook it up to my Benchmark DAB3B and Oppo BDP-83. Not sure if the Oppo will work or even if it is working. If not, I will get a low-cost replacement SACD transport.

@yyzsantabarbara 

You’re welcome. I heard the demo at AXPONA and it worked flawlessly. I still enjoy spinning SACD’s on my Marantz player, hence never felt the need to pursue D.BOB. May be I will once I’m out of player options. I got over 300+ SACD’s and most of them are now OOP, thought about ripping them but my Marantz player is just stupendously good to try the alternatives. 

Please do report back your experience with D.BOB.