Bowers and Wilkins B&W 705 speakers_questions.

Hello,
I recently acquired a pair of Bowers and Wilkins 705 speakers, in rosenut finish.

I already have a B&W CMC center (in rosenut) that I had with a pair of rosenut CM2s…however, those 2 speakers are no longer in my possession.

Therefore, for the time being, I can use the CMC with the 705s.

However, as I can be patient and wait for a better-paired center to appear on the market, what is the best B&W center to use with the 705s? A single 705? An HTM7 or some other HTM center?

In addition, could you kind people provide some suggestions for a good AVR to use with these? I would like an AVR for budget reasons; because while the primary use for these will be music, occasionally I will watch TV/DVD/Netflix; and because I know nothing about (nor can I afford) “separates”. I assume the AVR will need to have HDMI, correct?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a good AVR and the appropriate center.

Thank you.
venessian
HTM7 no doubt IMV. You an find them on EBAY for very nice price. Get a moderately priced AVR with lots of features (Onkyo). Will not be your last.
Maybe I have a slightly different perspective on the AVR. 705's are more forgiving in my experience than the 805's by a long shot. Try a top of the line Yamaha, intrgra, or especially any Arcam AVR. Should be pretty good match. I listened to the 705's once with an Arcam Solo and they sounded good, 805's with the same amp, not so much.

The absolute perfect match for a center is a single 705. Next choice is the HTM7, which was designed as the timbre matching center for the 700 series. Since you say you are patient and have a decent matching center, it makes no sense to waste time and/or money to just try something else. Wait for the single 705 or HTM7.

As far as AVR, need to know budget, and new or used.
A closer matching center for the 705s would be from the CDM series: either a CDMCNT or CDMCSE.

You didn't specify a budget, so can't make any solid recommendations for associated gear.
"Therefore, for the time being, I can use the CMC with the 705s."

There's no reason why you can't use it. It should be a good choice.

"In addition, could you kind people provide some suggestions for a good AVR to use with these? I would like an AVR for budget reasons; because while the primary use for these will be music, occasionally I will watch TV/DVD/Netflix; and because I know nothing about (nor can I afford) “separates”. I assume the AVR will need to have HDMI, correct?"

Given your speakers, I would just wait and get separates when you have the money. A receiver good enough to properly drive your speakers will be expensive anyway.