binding posts

If your speakers have 2 pairs of binding posts each, connected by the ubiquitous metal plates, if biwiring or biamping should you remove the metal plates or doesn't it make any difference?

128x128mazian

If you stay with single speaker cables, connect them to the binding posts for the midrange/tweeter driver(s), for the (I hope) obvious reason.

@mazian I think if you’re bi-wiring (2 sets of speaker cables, one amp) or bi- amping (2 sets of speaker cables, two amps) you’re right, you don’t need jumpers. 

That said, I had good luck to my ears replacing my stock brass plates (~$4K pair of speakers) with quality jumpers (one amp, one set of speaker cables plus one set of jumpers). Ymmv.

In short answer to your question, definitely remove the brass plates if you’re bi-wiring or bi-amping. 

One thing more to mention , myself and others who are Audio-Electronics techs 

have measured quality of connectors ,did you know over 80%/ use lower quality Loudspeaker terminals Loudspeakers ,as well asAmplifiers they use gold plated brass , which is brighter , and 3x more resistance, as as as that in lower conductivity. Just look up the metals  index Silver around a 67, Copper 65,brass 22.

I have changed all connections to WBT ,or Furutech throughout my Audio system 

which is a Big difference in fidelity ,this too includes Rca , and very  overlooked 

The IEC input most use cheap $3 inputs when the Furutech are retail $30 gold over Copper ,not zinc,brass then tinned ,meaning you are creating 3x+ more resistance 

which = distortion before you even start x the 2-3- or 4 components in your Audio chain . In Audio Everything counts !   This is where you start ,and BTW  these biwire setups on speakers most are Fake , true bywire the wire from theXover goes to the topend-mids and lower terminal Bass  if you just unscrew the plate you can see , most have all wires soldered together inside which is more a marketing ploy then a true Bywire setup.  And the metal terminal connectors on the majority hurt resolution ,much better to have true jumpers wires with quality connectors .

i was selling them for awhile but most people don’t want to spend the extra $$ for top quality -Everything in the chain is cumulative ,keep this in mind .i have been anAudiophile over 40 years have been modding speakers for years and owned a Audio store for a decade,  trial and error ,and many good techs have help me ,these are tips more then anything else, It’s your gear to do as you wish !!

It is easy to experiment with jumpers  even cheap Home Depot wire just to see if you hear any differences.  While you may get a slightly better sound by experimenting, you would be better off finding the right speaker cable for your system.

Happy Listening.