Bi-wire speaker cable setup for Krell FPB 400cx

I currently have Morrow SP2 on the HF terminals and an old set of Esoteric Audio Ultra Cable Premier Perfect Symmetry OFHC Windings Ultra Flex Jacket on the LF terminals. Speakers are Legacy Audio Signature II, which are very large towers with response down to 22hz.

I like the clarity and tonality of the Morrows, but there is just not much wire in them and I wonder if I am getting the full dynamics possible. As to the Esoterics, they are very finely stranded, heavy gauge wires, and it seems as though traditional stranded wire has fallen out of favor these days.

Whatever upgrade I might undertake, I certainly would want it to be capable of fully transmitting the full dynamic abilities of the Krell. Since I like the overall sound of the Morrows, should I move up the Morrow line to some with more wire in them, or can anyone suggest a better sounding wire to use on the HF end? What about the bass? I want the deepest and most defined bass I can get.

I should add that the Krell has two sets of speaker output binding posts per channel, so it is easy to connect two completely different wires for the HF and LF runs.

Thanks.

mtrot
I use a shotgun bi-wire pair of Nordost Valhallas on my Krell FPB 300cx to Von Schweikert VR5 HSE speakers. Been a happy listener for years with this setup, and only use one set of terminals on amp end. Have biwired many different speakers for years and have never used different brands, or different models within the same brand, for HF and LF terminals. Would not make sense to me. Would not use different tires on front and rear of my car.

Neal
jmcgrogan2, you're right, will do in the future. Bill Murray fan also.  :-) 
<purist dealer disclosure>
Purist Rules!  :-)
Purist Audio Design! The best cables on earth for over 30+ years. :-)
Brian, dealer disclosure please.
I guess I should clarify that, at this point, my top goal is the deepest, most impactful and articulate bass I can get.  I just feel like I am not getting the best out of my speakers.

After some more reading here on Agon, it seems that many talk about MIT for that purpose.  I've also seen the claim that at least 10awg is what you want for bass, if not even more.  Any recommendations?
Don't use different cables for highs/lows.   ...just as a suggestion, contact Paul at ClearDay Cables.  He's very knowledgeable, and will send you a review pair of his Double Shotgun free of charge for evaluation.  I doubt if you'll not be delighted.
Typically you want the 2 cables to have the same impedance (or similar in specs).

If you like the Morrow’s, try moving higher up the line and use a single-run. Then use Morrow or comparable wire for jumpers. Much better than the stock jumpers. It depends on the system, but sometimes biwire offers little or no benefit over this method.
Biamping or mono blocks offer a noticeable improvement in sonics.

And wire gauge is less important than the design of the cables; conductor materials, dielectric, shielding.
Thanks.  I need about a nine foot run on each side.

Well, if we go with your concept about not mixing wires, what is the benefit of bi-wiring?  Perhaps, rather than spending the money on bi-wires, I'd be better off by putting the money into a single run of wires and use the terminal jumpers.  If so, I would be looking at the same goals as in my original post. But it seems to me that would rule out the Morrows, unless you go way up in the line to get enough gauge for excellent bass performance.
If you search previous threads, you would see that mixing different wires for High and Low frequencies is not recommended (unless you want to play around).
Speaker wire can be a world unto itself, so I hope you are prepared for a slew of responses.
You don't mention cable length, which can influence sound transfer.
FWIW, I have migrated to Zu cables. You can get some good deals on their older models either here or on Ebay, or you buy them directly should you require specific lengths. I find them very clean and open, and also well priced.