Best USB cable upgrade for around $1000

I am looking to upgrade the usb cable between my Hifi Rose music streamer and my Benchmark dac.  I have used usb cables in the past from Chord, Black Cat, Curious, and countless others.  I am currently using an oldie but a goodie (RDA Poiema R-3).  It is a great cable and I will probably never part with it, but I have the itch to try something new.  I have been looking at the following cables:  Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra, Sablon Audio Evo, FTA Callisto.  Does anybody have experience with any of these cables and can offer any insight.

128x128lads

@audphile1 Now I’m sad. I drive an Audi, not a fancy one, and I love it. My wife’s Hyundai Santa Fe cost more than it because it’s bigger, but my Audi is quieter and more comfortable. Now I best go to a Hyundai forum and bash the heck out of their cars.

That said, we’ll probably get one of the all new Santa Fe later this year or next. It looks darn good and we need a three row for the kids and their friends. 

Because you sound like you have a clue, check out the many offerings on Ali-Express. Ive had very good luck and saved a ton of $$$

blisshifi

1,105 posts

@audphile1 Now I’m sad. I drive an Audi, not a fancy one, and I love it. My wife’s Hyundai Santa Fe cost more than it because it’s bigger, but my Audi is quieter and more comfortable. Now I best go to a Hyundai forum and bash the heck out of their cars.

That said, we’ll probably get one of the all new Santa Fe later this year or next. It looks darn good and we need a three row for the kids and their friends. 

@blisshifi I don’t hate Audi. It was just for illustrational purposes. 😆 

Knowing the very positive impression PC Triple C wire has had when used by myself and a growing number of converts to the wire type.

I can only suggest a time is taken to look at the Acoustic Revive PC Triple C USB Cable.

If this Cable Type is selected, and makes the impression I know other PC Triple C usage has had. There will be monies left to swap out some other Cables for those produced using the PC Triple C wire as well. 

The use of the wire type transforms systems, it has speedily put OCC wire out of use in certain systems it has been introduced to.

Where systems are now fully populated with the PC Triple C, being used as Umbilical, Speaker Cable, Power Cable, and Internal Wiring in Phono Amp, Pre Amp , Power Amp and as Speakers Internal Wire. It is now even to be found used as Tonearm Internal wiring. The impact it has enforces others to be completely bonkers about where to use it next.

I am hoping Transformer Windings and Cartridge Coils are one day produced from it, as was these same items using OCC wire.

I always read Bliss's posts because he is a straight shooter and gives great feedback here - he is always recommending products he does not carry, always. That's a sign of a true hobbyist, not a dealer shill.

@blisshifi speaking of premium USB cables, have you got a chance to try the Intona Ultimate? Their whole thing is not wire quality but impedance control, with little deviation from zero. They claim its the most important factor for USB cables, intriguing to say the least. The 1.5m is apparently the best sounding length, but price is up there of course.