Best USB cable upgrade for around $1000

I am looking to upgrade the usb cable between my Hifi Rose music streamer and my Benchmark dac.  I have used usb cables in the past from Chord, Black Cat, Curious, and countless others.  I am currently using an oldie but a goodie (RDA Poiema R-3).  It is a great cable and I will probably never part with it, but I have the itch to try something new.  I have been looking at the following cables:  Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra, Sablon Audio Evo, FTA Callisto.  Does anybody have experience with any of these cables and can offer any insight.

128x128lads

Showing 2 responses by agisthos

I always read Bliss's posts because he is a straight shooter and gives great feedback here - he is always recommending products he does not carry, always. That's a sign of a true hobbyist, not a dealer shill.

@blisshifi speaking of premium USB cables, have you got a chance to try the Intona Ultimate? Their whole thing is not wire quality but impedance control, with little deviation from zero. They claim its the most important factor for USB cables, intriguing to say the least. The 1.5m is apparently the best sounding length, but price is up there of course.

@blisshifi some of the guys on What's Best Forum, who have access to the most expensive USB cables ever made, including the ones you mention, were claiming its a winner.

Intona have 3 performance grades, and the only difference between them is tighter and tighter impedance tolerance, with some users claiming a huge jump when moving to the Ultimate grade, where impedance deviation is literally a straight line, almost perfect.

Its intriguing because I see no other USB cable manufacturer focusing on this aspect (at least not publicly).