Best USB cable upgrade for around $1000

I am looking to upgrade the usb cable between my Hifi Rose music streamer and my Benchmark dac.  I have used usb cables in the past from Chord, Black Cat, Curious, and countless others.  I am currently using an oldie but a goodie (RDA Poiema R-3).  It is a great cable and I will probably never part with it, but I have the itch to try something new.  I have been looking at the following cables:  Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra, Sablon Audio Evo, FTA Callisto.  Does anybody have experience with any of these cables and can offer any insight.

128x128lads

@classicrockfan You’re absolutely right about me. With audio, the sky is the limit. I absolutely love audio and am heavily invested.

Looking at your posts, you have been overly negative about other people’s investments into high end cabling, so why even contribute to this thread?

Even the OP requested suggestions near $1K. Yes, the SRX falls way north of that, but the fact that I am also advocating for the FTA Sinope for less than $1K when I am not a dealer for FTA cables should say something about my intent.

It’s too bad you’ve had enough of me, because I will be posting on here often and trying to add value where I can.

Looking at your posts, you have been overly negative about other people’s investments into high end cabling, so why even contribute to this thread?

I’m being truthful and that’s how i contribute.

Even the OP requested suggestions near $1K. Yes, the SRX falls way north of that, but the fact that I am also advocating for the FTA Sinope for less than $1K when I am not a dealer for FTA cables should say something about my intent.

This OP ’lads’ started this thread asking suggestions at around 1k and a few posts down he suggested his own USB cables which are on sale 40% off now. then you ’contributed’ to this thread with this SRX (sounds like a Subaru SUV). That’s perfectly OK when you try to sell/promote cables... to make ends meet. Who knows? We can talk more about the topic this coming weekend.

+1 @jerrybj

I happen to be fortunate to be able to have the SRX in possession. If my post was “pushing” this cable, I don’t think it’d be too effective. I don’t know of many people who would swing the cost on the cable just because I say it’s one of two cables I could live with. Even as a dealer for the cable, I still had to shell out more than most people would ever pay for a USB cable in order to have it on demo. I do this because I’m invested in the hobby, not because I’m trying to sell the SRX cable through a single post on this thread.

Those that know me know the value I provide. There are even threads on this forum from established members that advocate for my services and knowledge. The fact that you come off insulting everything and everyone is a waste of others’ time and energy and generally ruin an otherwise positive morale on this thread. 

Perhaps it would be helpful for @lads to confirm whether he/she has an affiliation with Wywires, but judging from the OP’s posts on other threads, I see him/her as a loyal customer who is trying to up their game, and not just around WyWires cables. The fact that you are accusing someone of this affiliation is offensive, in my opinion. But hey, I could be wrong and he/she may have some sort of affiliation. I just tend to give others the benefit of the doubt and try to help where I can. 

For everyone else, despite my experiences with many USB cables, the reason I have such a high standard for them is because I have been a long-time advocate of using AES cables as I am a strong advocate of having high-performing digital sources with quality clocks. AES takes advantage of these features, where USB is an asynchronous interface and only relies on the DAC’s clock. In my experience, USB and AES (and SPDIF as a whole) present very differently, and it’s been very hard for me to find USB cables that perform as well as the SPDIF interface does. But YMMV and depends on the components in your system and your own personal sonic preferences. 

@classicrockfan Pardon if I don't take your technical expertise on these topics as definitive.  It appears you have yet to master something as simple as posting in a forum in a cogent manner, so I'm guessing the technical details of AB Tech's USB cable and their country of origin are well beyond your "scope".