Best USB cable upgrade for around $1000

I am looking to upgrade the usb cable between my Hifi Rose music streamer and my Benchmark dac.  I have used usb cables in the past from Chord, Black Cat, Curious, and countless others.  I am currently using an oldie but a goodie (RDA Poiema R-3).  It is a great cable and I will probably never part with it, but I have the itch to try something new.  I have been looking at the following cables:  Mad Scientist Black Magic Ultra, Sablon Audio Evo, FTA Callisto.  Does anybody have experience with any of these cables and can offer any insight.

128x128lads

Showing 5 responses by classicrockfan

but I wound up purchasing a Wywires Platinum USB cable. Wywires cables seem to be having a 40% off sale right now so it made the cable very affordable. Alex just informed me it is en route so I am eager to try it out. I already have a Platinum S/PDIF and really enjoy that cable. I’ll update this posting after I get to break the new cable in.

Are you by any chance affiliated with Wywires or are you Alex? It’s very common on this forum and perfectly OK.

Synergistic Research SRX USB (very expensive) and the FTA Sinope, which pops up under $1K on the used market.

Only the sky is the limit. I don't know this seller... and i've had it.

Confucius days you can save money when you have money

Looking at your posts, you have been overly negative about other people’s investments into high end cabling, so why even contribute to this thread?

I’m being truthful and that’s how i contribute.

Even the OP requested suggestions near $1K. Yes, the SRX falls way north of that, but the fact that I am also advocating for the FTA Sinope for less than $1K when I am not a dealer for FTA cables should say something about my intent.

This OP ’lads’ started this thread asking suggestions at around 1k and a few posts down he suggested his own USB cables which are on sale 40% off now. then you ’contributed’ to this thread with this SRX (sounds like a Subaru SUV). That’s perfectly OK when you try to sell/promote cables... to make ends meet. Who knows? We can talk more about the topic this coming weekend.

badgerdms

"in a cogent manner"

Is that the way you press snake oil in Sweden? In America we do that with pseudo science claims such as molecular rearrangements and expansion.

" I'm guessing the technical details of AB Tech's USB cable and their country of origin are well beyond your "scope"."

I am a professional electrical engineer focused on avionics systems signal processing and analysis, and surely know a thing or two about high performance data cables. So tell me tell us how this magic Klar USB isolator really works what's inside show us the data sheet. Or your website is just full of double-dipped snake oil nonsense.

"This isolator, besides from its filter functions, regenerates the signal and completely galvanically isolates signal, power and ground which means all noise is removed and through comes only music."

Again educate me how these claims are scientifically feasible none of the above makes sense. I would 'regenerate signals' through kryptonite.

"housed with a special thermoplastic material, and finally wrapped in a custom noise reducing sleeve normally used in aerospace,"

Wow "noise reducing sleeve" Mr. Klar we don't use such magical sleeve in our aerospace research. So what is it how does it work? Does it generate certain frequency to stop dogs from barking or babies from crying?

"Sealioning"

A good point this forum has nothing to do with any mainstream American engineering organization.