Best speaker brands for transient response

Hello all, first post / longtime lurker on here. I have really appreciated all I've learned from following threads on here -- much appreciated.

I've had three speakers in my house for a few years, and have learned that transient response is the quality I value most. I'm researching upgrade options and would appreciate recommendations on brands.

Currently I have KLH Model 3s, JBL 4305Ps, and JBL Studio 590s. The sealed KLHs are far superior in transient response / speed / attack. The 4305Ps are pretty good (I'm assuming because they're active) and the 590s, while they do a lot of things well, are relative laggards.

I am assuming that on average a sealed design at any given price point will outperform a ported speaker in this area of performance, but I'm sure there are important exceptions.

I'm also curious if more expensive ported horn speakers (Klipsch heritage line, or the JBL 4349 for example) may deliver equal or better in transient response compared to a lower cost sealed speaker because they're using better drivers, crossovers, etc.

Thank you for any feedback / ideas you have.

tommyuchicago

Sounds like Magico would be brand to investigate with traditional design or some of the all ribbon or electrostatic panel speakers. 

The Spendor D series are extremely fast speakers.  I had the D7 and now the D7.2 and am amazed at the transient quickness.  Read the Stereophile review of the D7.  A jack of all trades speaker that has the quikness of horn speakers with the refinement and transparency of quality box speakers.  

Recently demoed some Klipsch Heritage and thought they were slow by comparison.  

Electrostatics are the best transducers for revealing inner detail and transients beyond any others,

key reasons being dictated by the laws of physics,

• lowest mass and hence the lowest inertia
  • stable and uniform push pull forces across the lightest and thinnest diaphragm 

Let your ears be the judge when you audition your reference tracks in a back to back comparison!

Happy auditions!

If you want dynamic drivers and looking to take it to a higher level, consider designs that leverage field coils, like some Classic Audio Design models.