Best Music Streamer to pair with Rogue Audio monoblocks and Pre-Amp

hi all,

I'm purchasing Maggies 3.7i to pair with Rogue Audio monoblocks and Pre-Amp (RP-5v2) and want to upgrade on my Bluesound Node.  Am considering the Hifi Rose RS250A, the Audiolab 9000N, and the Moon 280D.  

Any thoughts on a good pairing.

And I'm also thinking about adding 2 JL Audio subs, perhaps the E110.

I appreciate the collective wisdom of the community.

jazz99

I love my Aurender.   Their support is great and it’s built like a tank.   I have used Innuos several times and I thought it was a nice product.   

I think Bluesound is great, and I think the mistake people make is that lateral move.  Maybe you think the replacement hardware is better but in a lot of cases the UI is bad or even worse support is bad 

That’s why people spending $2k on an Eversolo is nuts to me when you can buy an Innuos or used Aurender for around the same or a little more.   Or less if you got an Innuos Mini      

I have Maggie 3.1 and i want to echo comment about "please, no subs" .  I have a very large room that needed additional Bass.  I use 2 bass panels.  They match the Maggies quickness and add warmth in the lower musical ranges without the boom and muddy effect.  no they don't shake the floor. if that's what you want then yes add the subs.  I also agree with the comment that: unfortunately the most important consideration of a streamer is a good app to run it.  My Matrix Audio Element-i has been rock solid, but the Matric Audio Player to run from my I-pad has been a PITA.  They are on their Third Version Update.  They maybe improve one item and screw up three others.  I spent 30 minutes finding how to get onto my Tidal account which was hidden behind a screen and then another 30 minutes to find my playlist which they buried in the least likley of places.  

Streamers don’t have a sound and I agree software would be the focus.  I would include Roon ready as a requirement because you may want that option at some point.

REL subs are fast enough to keep with Maggies.  If you use DWM bass panels keep the volume low on those…

Streamers don’t have a sound and I agree software would be the focus.

Well that’s just completely untrue, poor advice, and the words of someone with little/no experience comparing streamers and/or has a system or ears incapable of revealing the differences. Both sound and software are vitally important, and discount either at your peril.