Best double live vinyl?

Growing up in the 60's and 70's was the height of double live vinyl and the double feature at the movie theater. I'm listening to before the flood - Mr. Zimmerman and the Band. After listening to side one it flips to four, that's just not right.

voodoolounge

Another vote for Joe Cocker’s "Mad Dogs and Englishmen", same as for Miles Davis’ " Live at the Blackhawks" sets. The first "Live Dead" double album with ’Turn on Your Love Light’ and ’Dark Star’, The Who’s "Tommy", Stevie Wonder’s "Songs in the Key of Life", "The Name of This Band Is the Talking Heads", The Clashes’ "London Calling" Derek and the Dominos "Layla and other Assorted Love Songs", Muddy Waters’ "Fathers and Sons" with Mike Bloomfield, Paul Butterfield, Donald "Duck" Dunn, and others, Fleetwood Mac in Chicago (with Peter Green at his best, an outstanding blues double album), Aretha did a nice gospel double album at her Dad’s church if I remember correctly too, to name a few. Almost forgot Cream’s "Wheels of Fire", first album I ever purchased with my own money.

Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" and the Beatles double "White " albums get honorable mentions, although not my favorite albums by either of these artists..

Having made the tragic mistake of selling my vinyl in ‘84, i began collecting again about two years ago.

I made an effort to find three double live albums which had been in my collection and they didn’t disappoint.

The Allman Brothers band “Eat a Peach,”

Little Feat “Waiting for Columbus” and,

The Tubes, “What Do You Want from Live.”

my tastes changed over the decades.

More recent doubles include Explosions in the Sky, Eno, Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson.

My personal FAVORITE ?  Little Feat.

time does “love a hero.”

Scott Sharrard is the name of the guy who stands in for Lowell George now. A google search shows that he's got an impressive resume. I was impressed enough to order his solo cd, "Rustbelt", from Immediate Family Records. I can't find it on vinyl.

Yes Songs come to mind, or Frampton Live, or Joni Mitchell, Miles of Isles!

Many great live albums from the 1970’s. The reason for my selection is it infuses many genres of music to perfection!

Santana-Lotus(3Lp’s)

Since the OP wanted a 2Lp live recording I better follow the rules.

Renaissance-Live At Carnegie Hall