Best DAC’S $5k to $15k

I have Chord Mscaler and TT2 and it’s very good. I’ve been considering the DAVE. Any recommendations? 

axeis1

My final shortlist last year included the Dave, the Bartok and the Tambaqui. All are great DACS and, frankly, the decision comes down to your system and environment, your musical tastes and the state of your ears! (as for any of us). 

For my tastes, system and room (YMMV!), the Tambaqui came out ahead of the others: the Dave (without the MScaler) had fantastic detail and clarity but lacked impact, imaging and staging compared to the others, the Bartok was very close, but benefited surprisingly more from an external streamer and the Tambaqui just did it all, with that near-indefinable dose of musicality and engagement.

By a country mile best dac, value put together the T+A200 dac for $6k nothing is in its league at $6k,even 2x that it still competes with anything up to $15k very well .

visiting many audio get togethers ,my brother owns the dac200 with HQ player incorporated ,which allows you to tune to your taste. I have heard at least 90% out there . At the moment the Mrs has me engaged in building a home edition ,meaning 

I get 💩-0 until this is finished which still not started .I have not really purchased 

anything substantial in over a year going through Audio withdrawal .

I guess 🎅 🎄 if I am lucky 🍀 . Go listen to at least 3-4  then in your audio system 

before you commit .

This one's easy for me.  The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC is the best under $20K that I've ever heard.  The myriads of reviews out there are unanimous in their praise. Super transparent, smooth up top, excellent bass slam and articulation, and very 3D. At $13,500 it's one of the gifts of the audio world. 

I had a Lampizator Golden Gate, the sound could be tailored by tube rolling.

I now have the Mola Mola coupled with a Grimm MU1 streamer which soubd tremendous. The streamer is as important as the DAC.