Best cheap $200 ish speaker stands with free shipping ???

I don’t want to spend $400 to $1000 for stands for second system but I don’t want them to degrade sound within reason with a budget like this. Can someone recommend a nice stand that can be filled with shot if needed. I’ve seen the eBay and Audio advisor ones but know nothing about them, any help very much appreciated.

paulcreed

Showing 1 response by dekay

Recommend clean/dry silica sand instead of steel/lead shot.

It's commonly used for sand blasting.

However the dust from silica sand is not good for you, so fill them outside while wearing a decent mask and eye protection (not a problem once the stands are sealed up).

The 3 different stands I've owned/own did not require a "complete" fill (think my current Target HR's are only @ a third/fill after many trials including lead shot/sand with lead shot and sand only).

Big thanks to my Honda mechanic (may he rest in peace) for properly recycling the lead shot I no longer needed.

This said, the cheap stands I owned leaked the sand over time and now I only have the Target stands (20 years old and Zero leakage - wish I could claim the same @ 67;-)

No rec on current inexpensive stands available as I have not tried them, but look for top fill and secure enclosures/fill cavities.

DeKay