BEST CD TRANSPORT

i'ld like to know your experience: please indicate two CDT: your prefer and wich one you have comparated with (also integrated cd player but only use as transport)

let's go:

gpana

+1 @magnuman, Esoteric are also the best sacd players on the planet. Closest runner up is the McIntosh MCT 500 which also has a USB thumb drive input. 

@richdirector 

Truly superb and betters my Rega Rp8 Apheta often ... Annoying as it shouldn't

Ha, seems as though Redbook CD playback via you RS2T transport caught you off guard and perhaps exceeded expectations.😊

I agree with you on the simple elegance and advantages of a good quality top loading CD transport versus a tray mechanism.

Charles

While the Esoteric is a very well made component and it also sound really good the top ones on my list better it in sound quality. The Esoteric has less of an organic sound if that is what you are looking for. The Audiomeca was one of the best sounding transports and I still own it. It makes music sound very special, you can really close your eyes and dream. The Pro-Ject just betters it. The jays MKII was also a very good transport. It is more forward sounding than the Pro-Ject and the Audiomeca so it sounds a little faster. It comes down to synergy with your DAC and the type of sound you prefer. I have not heard the MKIII. If you are on a budget get a Rega and replace the laser. For some reason just changing the laser makes a difference even if it is a new player. We actually compared that. The Nano if it is still around I had purchased for under $500 back in the day is a small little box but it produced a fantastic sound. Still have one somewhere. I just could not get past the tiny size of it.  Shame on me!

Happy Listening.

I bought the Audiolab 6000 transport.....Returned it.....Did not like it at all.....Then bought the CEC belt drive TL5 base model....WOW this is a fantastic sounding unit...No Jitter.....Belt drive instead of direct drive makes all the difference....It’s like a turntable for cd’s. With my Audio Mirror Toubadour IV......it’s live music.