BEL amp repairs

Can anyone give me a reply on how to contact Brown Electronic Labs. I am in need of a repair service , I have used this amp for 15+ years , hope I don't have to discard it.
BEL was located in Northern California for many years and may still be there. Richard Brown is NOT an easy person to contact however, your best bet is to have a BEL dealer in your area obtain information for you (if THEY can contact the manufuacturer). That said, if your amp is the 1001 it has gone thru many upgrades in 15 years, now designated the Mark 5 I believe. I also think that all upgrades are available for older models and each makes a significant improvement on its predecessor. It is an excellent sounding piece and would probably be worth your effort to upgrade and repair if financially logical. I owned a 1001 Mark II for many years...still miss it!

This person was looking for a servicer 17 years ago.  I guess they could still have it for repair.  

I need my 1001 serviced, as well…. Did the OP have any luck with any of the suggestions?

If Brooks Berdan is no longer repairing BEL amps you may want to try Audiogon member Bigkidz who I believe repairs and modifies them. He has recently posted regarding his experience using the 1001. I have an original Mark I version which I am considering re capping and perhaps modifying so I would be interested to know if you have any success with either of the two repair sources. Good luck!

My curiosity got the better of me so I had to find out what this amp is all about…. Geebus, it seems like this thing was built in someone’s basement or something…. 🥴🤪.  It doesn’t look all that complicated.

Here is my 2 cents on the thing…  first try Chris Johnson of Parts Connexion; he is the former Owner and creator of Sonic Frontiers, Anthem and Assemblage.  He has an electronic parts biz, and he fixes and modifies gear.  He is a smart dude.  I recently bought some seriously suped-up and completely refurb’d Power 3 tube amps from him and the labor rate I seem to remember was right at $75/hour.  Email him, and describe your problem to him.  I’m fairly certain he can fix it up good for you and upgrade the caps, resistors and wiring to give you a better amp..  Good luck.