BEL 1001 MK5 driving Joseph Audio Pulsars

I own the BEL amp and considering the purchase of a used pair of the Plusars.

My concern is the Pulsars 83.5 dB sensitivity as measured in Stereophile.  They do have a benign impedance curve, not dipping below 6 ohms. This to me means a speaker that thirsts after watts as opposed to current. 

The BEL is rated at 50wpc into 8ohm and doubles down into 4 and 2 ohm loads, likely due to a very conservative 8 ohm rating. Easily drives my Esoteric MG10s (87dB sensitive, 6ohm nominal impedance) to very loud levels.

My room size is `12.5 by 14.5 x 8.5 feet.  An asset for speakers of low sensitivity.

I am looking for thoughts regarding the BEL's ability to drive the Pulsars in a modest size room.

mesch
@mesch

you are a longtime owner of the bel 1001 mk5? that is one legendary amp i have always been curious about but never actually had one

is it in the pure and clean school of ss amps or more warmed up and fattened a touch like pass or better hegel? based on reviews i am under the impression it is more in the former camp
@macdonj  I believe the price would reflect age. My amp was made in 2007. Retailed at ~$4000 then. If I were to sell mine I would likely ask $1200. One BEL 1001 recently sold on AG for $1125, I am not clear on which MK it was.

@jjss49  I have not directly (in my home) compared my BEL to other amps. Had experience with a Classe 101 which I thought was detailed to the point of being clinical, too lean for my taste.  The BEL seems pure and clean but not to the point of being lean, yet provides bloom but not to the point of being overly warm. I would describe it as detailed yet smooth. I have used this amp for 8 years driving a pair of Esoteric MG-10s, 7" standmounts, and now with Tannoy Sterlings which are quite different. The BEL plays well with both. I am sorry that I can't better respond to your question, haven't developed my audio prose to any elaborate extent. I do enjoy your contributions across this forum.
Thank you @mesch.  I suspected used prices would be close to what you posted. It's a shame these aren't being built anymore.
Definitely keep the BEL.  I owned one for about 20 years and wished I never sold mine.  I still look periodically for  Mk5 and would purchase it immediately if it popped up.  As you know the key is finding the right speaker match.