Beatles vs. Stones

Which do you prefer?

I'd have to go with the Rolling Stones although I do love Revolver.

And you?

128x128jjbeason14

@bigtwin: Two matters:

1- The lyric is actually "when (not "well") after after all it was you and me."

2- I did answer the question: I choose neither. Yesterday I went into my local record store to pick up an album they ordered for me: Lonely Soul by GA-20, a Blues band out of Boston. I walked into the store a coupla weeks ago, and while perusing the LP racks heard music playing on the store’s sound system to which I was immediately drawn. Song after song was fantastic: raw, primal Blues, sort of like early Fabulous Thunderbirds meets a Garage Band, including their version of "Got Love If You Want It"---a Slim Harpo song I had first heard on the Kinks debut album, a fabulous version, far better than what The Stones were (and are) capable of. By the way, I hold The Kinks in higher esteem than both The Beatles and The Stones.

I went over to the counter and checked out the front cover, on which I saw a coupla youngish (compared to me ;-) guys with beards. The back cover had a picture of the two guys holding cool vintage guitars, and album credits. When I saw the names Charlie Musselwhite (harmonica) and Luther Dickinson (slide guitar), I was sold. I rarely do impulse buys, but this one was a no-brainer. My favorite new band!.

Oops, there I go again, penning a short novella ;-) . Back to the topic:

So I entered the store yesterday to pick up the GA-20 (yet another terrible band name ;-) album, and what did I hear playing? That horrid, droning bore of a "song" "Within You Without You" (the damned sitar RUINED George Harrison!). Oh no, I thought to myself; it’s that pos Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. I had other titles I was looking for, and as I started flipping through LP’s I was subjected to "Lovely Rita" (oh for God’s sake, are you kidding me? Who actually likes this sh*t?). That was all I could take. See ya guys, I’ll be back.

If I heard Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band today, as a new release, would I like it? Would you? It strikes me as incredibly corny, especially McCartney’s British Music Hall/nostagia bullsh*t. At least it wasn’t side one; "A Little Help From My Friends"? "Fixing A Hole"? "She’s Leaving Home"? Please, kill me now.