Bacch Dsp, True stereo?

The latest gimmick seems to be eliminating cross talk as a way to achieve true stereo.

Seems very expensive and works with any speaker.

Another layer of complexity.

Anyone have an opinion on this new fad? Seems a bit neurotic to me

emergingsoul

This very short article of Choueiri and Anderson appear to me as FUNDAMENTAL for the future of not only audio playback but for future composer or musicians... Astonishing master piece article in my book.. Simple to read and fun and more, way more than just informative, The writers open a closed doors and pointed to a revolution in sound perception and creation ...

Amazing...

The short but amazing and fun article of Choueiri on Spatial sound  is here with many others interesting one  about music...

https://www.amazon.ca/Ways-Hearing-Reflections-Music-Pieces/dp/0691230684

Ive been auditioning with the bacch for about 8 weeks now. For me, it’s been a great addition to the overall listening experience. It been great to rediscover my current playlist, look for new music just to experience it with xtc, and have more appreciation to other music genres just to listen for the spatial aspect(s) - i am not talking about forced techniques in the studio but rather what was at the venue, whether it was purposeful or not - in both cases when the recording is played back with xtc, it is presented back to you with spatial details either subtle or often with such clarity but very much an obvious delta than to what it sounded like in stereo without it.

There are ways to replicate this in the analog domain, and achieve similar results… but the elegant and much higher performing solution is demonstrated through computational processing as in the BACCH. But it’s not for everyone still wired listening to two channel stereo with ‘XTNC’ (Cross Talk NOT Cancelled)….and it’s totally okay if thats how you still want to roll.

@low325 

Thank you for your reply. The only problem I have with all this is that it's so very difficult and confusing to implement. I've heard horror stories from others when trying to work with their current equipment and this Baach stuff.

The website is terribly terribly confusing in terms of trying to figure out how it can be integrated into your system. Maybe it's a good thing but it's just too darn demanding to figure it all out and they need to do a better job describing how it fits into your system.

Thank you for your reply. The only problem I have with all this is that it's so very difficult and confusing to implement.

No, it’s not!!!  Several people here who’ve used it have stated clearly that it’s not hard to implement and that very helpful customer support is there if you happen to need it.  You just can’t get it through your thick head what’s clearly being said here by actual users and wanna stick to your mantra that it’s “too hard.”  Seriously, what’s wrong with you?