Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

@ronboco 

I couldn't get to Axpona, but at RMAF 2019 the Goebel speakers were (are) the

best speakers I have ever heard.  Totally amazing!  And that was in the largest

conference room there which is really big.  If I had a "spare" $280K they would be 

mine.  Then a million or two for a larger house etc etc....

Regards,

barts

@barts 

I have the same daydream every day ! 😂😂 They we’re amazing! Maybe my next life will be more lucrative. 😂😂

There were some horn speakers with either 15-18" woofers that were $5k a pair that sounded surprisingly good in the small rooms that at modern prices seemed like a bargain. I also really like Dali and the oberon line pushes a lot of air for the dollar. Making speakers that cost as much as a car or a house doesn't really seem like an achievement compared to getting quality sound at a real world price point. 

I couldn’t make it to Axpona, so thank you to @steve59 and everyone else for their observations and thoughts.

Maybe next year?

JD