Aurender n200, talk me out of signing on the dotted line

I’ve requested an invoice.  My current system has an Audio Mirror 4 with Tele E88cc, Pass int-25, Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 speakers and a REL 12” sub.   The sound is to my taste in that it is organic, swings with the music and is not lean.  It’s a bit grainy and I attribute that to the Lumin u2 mini, internet radio and Spotify sources in who-knows-what amounts.  Enjoyable none-the-less as is, I am all in for the Aurender.  Talk me out of it.  Please!  

wlutke

@lalitk 

The mini has FLAC radio and the increase in resolution is noticeable as are Tidal and Qobuz, both of which I gave a shot.  What I’m reading about better streamers is an increase in dimensionality, separation, focus, realism and effortless delivery for a given resolution.  I currently don’t get that even with the better streams.  They can be more dynamic and focused but a bit dry and fatiguing.  Maybe “grain” was a misleading way to put it.

@wlutke keep in mind the N200 is more resolving than the U2 Mini so if the issues you’re describing exist elsewhere in your setup i.e components, cables and room acoustics, which I think they do, they will be exacerbated. You’ll figure it out when you have the N200 in your system. 

The Aurender N200 is an excellent unit. It will not be the bottleneck in your system. I have bought and tried all 3 Eversolo models including upgraded power supply and they were awful,l with a house sound in my system. The A8 was better, but still not as good as my Mac air . I got so frustrated I bit the bullet and purchased the HI Fi Rose 130 transport, thinking it would be the answer. I am glad it was the flavor of the month because I was able to sale it, for more than I paid. It also has a house sound I did not like. No dynamics at all, and a treble, that just was not right to my ears. Enter the N200. Finally a streamer that was better than my mac. The sound was natural and on par with my CD Player. I loved the N200 so much I only kept it 3 weeks and bought a new N20. I know there could be better, but I don't know how, because it is perfect in my system. Even my mp3's that I have recored are enhanced to the point, It would be hard to tell. The conductor app is easy to use and I have no problem connecting to my Ipad or iphone.